Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
frankw1
frankw1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader
Doubles when importing

Hello,

This is my first post here and English is not my first language so be gentle with me

I use the Calibre program for quit some time now, and it works great for me. I import regurly new books in the Calibre program, most of the times in great amounds.

After importing the books into calibre you get a popup where Calibre tells you some of the books are already in the database. And you can add them, or not add the doubles. The problem is that sometimes a name of a book is used by different authors so only the name is the same but the book isn't.

Could it be a possibility that when u import new books and Calibre finds titles that are the same, in a menu you can see of the book is really a double or it isnt. Now you can only add all the books as doubles or none.

Something like this after importing:

Name book: Abracadbra
Author: I.M. Ustread

This title is already in the database

Name Book: Abracadbra
Author: S.O. neelse

Do you want to add this book yes/no

Again sorry for my english but i hope yoy understand what i mean.

Greetings
Frank
( Holland)
frankw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankw1 View Post
Could it be a possibility that when u import new books and Calibre finds titles that are the same, in a menu you can see of the book is really a double or it isnt. Now you can only add all the books as doubles or none.
Turn on the option:
Preferences|Add/Save|"If books with similar titles and author found ..."
Then it will check the author after it finds a matching title. If the author is different from the matching book, it will add the book as a new book. If it's the same author, it will add it into the existing record, unless it's the same format as the existing book, in which case it will skip it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
frankw1
frankw1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader
Oke thanks, i will try if this works.
frankw1 is offline   Reply With Quote