Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #31
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Speaking of SF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Yeah... you should've known not to get attached to that one...
HarryT advised me to tell you to make your books, I believe it was something like, "True Mobi files with imbedded information." Or something like that. Trying to get your name on those books I bought off you a couple days ago. You should remember me, I was the rather frumpy looking pshrynk who browsed about the store for hours.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #32
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
From memory:

"Where am I?"
"In the Village."
"What do you want?"
"Information."
"Whose side are you on?"
"That would be telling. We want... information. Information. Information..."
"You won't get it!"
"By hook or by crook... we will."
"Who are you?"
"The new Number 2."
"Who is Number 1?"
"You... are Number 6."
"I am not a number... I am a Free Man!"
"Haaa ha ha ha ha ha--!"
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #33
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
HarryT advised me to tell you to make your books, I believe it was something like, "True Mobi files with imbedded information." Or something like that. Trying to get your name on those books I bought off you a couple days ago. You should remember me, I was the rather frumpy looking pshrynk who browsed about the store for hours.
Hmm... I use Mobipocket Creator to make my Mobi files, and it includes embedded info. I'll have to talk to him about that.

In the meantime:

"Willl--burrrr!"
Old 06-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #34
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Shouted, with equal parts anger and panic: "Jean-nie!" (as in I Dream of...)
Hissed, with equal parts anger and panic: "Mother!" (Bewitched, and probably a half-dozen other programs...)
Shouted, with mostly panic: "Jane! Stop this crazy thing! Help! Jaaa-ne!" (The Jetsons)
Just plain shouted: Willl--maa!" (The Flintstones)
Spoken professionally, but with a slightly sultry tone: "Hailing frequencies open, Captain." (Star Trek)

Personal Star Trek favorite: Exchange between Kirk and Commodore Matt Decker in The Doomsday Machine episode:

"Matt: Where's your crew?"
"On the third planet."
"There is no third planet!"
"...Don't you think I know that?!? There was... but not anymore! They called me, they begged me for help, four hundred of them! I couldn't... I--I couldn't!..."

(chokes me up every time...)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #35
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Man you run a tight ship, Steve!

"Sleepover?" From Boston Legal.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #36
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
From the show Police Squad -

(Priest sits down for a shoeshine) -
"What do you know about God"

Johnny the Shoeshine guy -
"I would'nt know anthing about that."

(Priest slips Johnny a $100, which Johnny pockets, and replies) -
'Are you talking Anthromorphic Deity or Existential Being....)"
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #37
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Another from Police Squad:
Q. Who are you and how did you get in here?
A. Well, I'm a locksmith and, i'm a locksmith
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #38
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
From memory:

"Where am I?"
"In the Village."
"What do you want?"
"Information."
"Whose side are you on?"
"That would be telling. We want... information. Information. Information..."
"You won't get it!"
"By hook or by crook... we will."
"Who are you?"
"The new Number 2."
"Who is Number 1?"
"You... are Number 6."
"I am not a number... I am a Free Man!"
"Haaa ha ha ha ha ha--!"
Great quote. Also a great introduction to Iron Maiden song, "Prisoner"!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #39
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
The Trouble with Tribbles!!!!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #40
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

"Why, Mr. Garvin... the Tribbles like you! Well, there's no accounting for taste."

"The Tribbles seem to like you, Mr. Spock."
"Obviously, Tribbles are very perceptive creatures."
Old 06-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #41
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Three from "Black Adder"

From vol. 1 (16th century) in reference to a turnip: "It looks like a thingy!" or on a transAtlantic voyage "I believe that they are at the p***ing stage now." (don't ask me to explain).

From vol. 3 (WWI) Hugh Laurie commenting on Baldrick's Trench rat cuisine: "Talley Ho, Barf, Barf!" (I can't watch His current show "House" without hearing that in the back of my mind).
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #42
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

ST:Voyager- Chakotay to Tuvok:

"Seska was working for the Cardassians... you were working for Janeway... was anyone on my ship working for me?"
Old 06-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #43
Spartacus2112
Evangelist

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #44
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
from " 'Allo 'Allo" (Michelle of the resistance") -

"Listen very carefully, I will say this only once..."

"Edith: Listen carefully, Michelle said this only once."

That series was really funny. ONe of my favourite quotes is from René, everytime his wife surprises him with one of the bar maids:

"Youuuuuuuuu stupid woman!"

Here's a few ones:

"Yvette Carte-Blanche: What is happening?
Maria Recamier: We were both aroused by the banging.
Edith: I too was aroused by the banging.
Roger Leclerc: I was aroused when I saw the girls with the candles."
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #45
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
The Mary Tyler Moore show. Don't know why this stayed in my memory when I heard it as a kid. But it did.

Lou Grant: Pits. Damn pits. Why do they make things with pits in the first place? They don't serve any purpose! Cherries, watermelons, tangerines, all of them. They can all go to hell. Go to hell, oranges! Half the time, all you're thinking about when you're eating them if you should spit the pit out or if you should store the stupid thing in one part of your mouth while you're eating with the other part! You can't even concentrate on what you're eating half the time! And after you're finished eating the damn thing, you have to worry about where you're gonna put the pit. Like, if you put it in an ashtray, it's disgusting. And ashes get all over it. And it doesn't even look like part of a fruit anymore! It looks like some hairy, gray dead thing. And it's even more disgusting!

Last edited by Donnageddon; 06-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, silly, very silly