Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
opal1012
opal1012 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
nook Conversion

Hi,

I have the newest version of Calibre and I am aware that it is supposed to support the nook, but I don't see an "output profile" for it under ePub for conversion. Is this something that will be added?

Thanks in advance!
opal1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just use the sony reader profile.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
opal1012
opal1012 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thanks!
opal1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
photoluminations
photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
conversion to nook color, nook display specs?

nook color display, actual size?? error in format guide?

I am converting from html + css to epub for nook color using calibre. I am using common options: page setup: output: nook color. and default input profile.

I don't have a nook, am using the nook reader software for windows to view epub. The problem is to determine the actual display area of the nook color:

Nook color specs are stated as 1024 X 600 pixels at 169dpi. This is ~6.1x3.6 inches.

BN publishes the "PUBIT! ePUB FORMATTING GUIDE." That document, at section VI Image Optimization states "The maximum viewing size of the nook screen is 600x730 pixels." That would be a viewing area of 730x600 pixels.

I need to know the actual size. Or perhaps I don't and this is solved by the nook fitting things to the screen? Or has kovid goyal built this into the conversion??

Please advise. Thanks!
photoluminations is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook