Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #931
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Can anyone recommended books similar to

Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter
Chloe Neill, Chicago Vampires & Devil's Isle series
Fever series by Karen Marie Morning
Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian.

What I'm looking for is heroine has to save the world romance or urban fantasy.

It's what I love about the books above. I tried Kate Daniels but I didn't like the heroine. She's too jaded.

Sent from my XT1528

It’s not romance, but one of my favorite urban fantasy series is the White Trash Zombie books by Diana Rowland. Angel has to navigate the perils of zombie life and bettering herself.

Have you read Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series yet? Great romance and a heroine who kicks a lot of butt.

Thea Harrison’s Elder Races books have strong heroines but not necessarily in traditional ways. Also good if you’re into alpha males.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #932
Hemmi
Wizard
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1,T2,T3, 900,700,650,350, Nook HD,HD+, STGlowlight, KoboMini
Most of my Harlequin prize arrived today. A nice soft blanket, a large mug with a lid and a tea infuser in it, and a new Kindle Paperwhite. The tea is coming separately. I have the Kindle charging now, then I'll have to see if I can use it without registering it and if it and I can be friends. Touchscreens usually don't work well for me.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #933
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1, Samsung Note 2, Samsung GMP 5, Samsung Tab A
Carrie Vaughn, Kitty Norville series. 14 books total.

Quote:

It's what I love about the books above. I tried Kate Daniels but I didn't like the heroine. She's too jaded.

Sent from my XT1528
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM   #934
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite
Quote:

I very much enjoyed Devon Monk's Allie Beckstrom series (9 books, plus a few spin-off novels). The first book is Magic to the Bone. I remember liking the C E Murphy Walker Papers books (first book Urban Shaman), although not quite as much as Briggs' or Monk's books.

I'm still enjoying Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra series, as well, but I'd say it's got more of a fantasy feel. The first few book covers looked very urban fantasy, which is what got me to pick it up. First book is Cast in Shadow.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #935
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I very much enjoyed Devon Monk's Allie Beckstrom series (9 books, plus a few spin-off novels). The first book is Magic to the Bone. I remember liking the C E Murphy Walker Papers books (first book Urban Shaman), although not quite as much as Briggs' or Monk's books.

I'm still enjoying Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra series, as well, but I'd say it's got more of a fantasy feel. The first few book covers looked very urban fantasy, which is what got me to pick it up. First book is Cast in Shadow.
Several has recommended Allie Beckstrom and it's on Hoopla so going to give it a try. I'm saving Briggs for January. Long Winter nights going to need a long series to keep me busy.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #936
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Carrie Vaughn, Kitty Norville series. 14 books total.
Read up to book five I think then broke up with her. I couldn't stand her choices.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; Yesterday at 11:26 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #937
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
It’s not romance, but one of my favorite urban fantasy series is the White Trash Zombie books by Diana Rowland. Angel has to navigate the perils of zombie life and bettering herself.

Have you read Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series yet? Great romance and a heroine who kicks a lot of butt.

Thea Harrison’s Elder Races books have strong heroines but not necessarily in traditional ways. Also good if you’re into alpha males.
I broke up with Frost after it got too dark but was loving the series till book five I think it was. I haven't read Elder Races yet. It's on my TBR.

I'm not really into zombies.

Sent from my XT1528
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #938
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
I can now access the bookshelf on Harlequin, well kind of anyway. They are limiting it to showing your 50 most recent purchases while they get some bugs worked out...
Quote:
We’re working on implementing some new Bookshelf features and have experienced a few bugs – we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. While we fix the issues, we have temporarily limited the bookshelf to your 50 most recent ebooks purchased.
I also notice I have an Audiobook on my bookshelf. AFAIK I've never bought an audiobook from them, free or otherwise.

Last edited by AnemicOak; Today at 12:21 AM.
AnemicOak is online now   Reply With Quote