Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #16
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Don't do update if you use Calibre--it makes the nook touch invisible to your computer as a drive and Calibre does not register it. Calibre will register your SD card tho.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #17
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Nevermind, I did an erase, deregister device and it is ok on reboot. What a wonky update!
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I noticed that after the udate, when I tether the Touch to my computer via USB, it gives me the same drive letters it used to (e and f), but now the Nook is F and the SD card is E, which seems pretty odd. Works OK, however.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #19
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I noticed that after the udate, when I tether the Touch to my computer via USB, it gives me the same drive letters it used to (e and f), but now the Nook is F and the SD card is E, which seems pretty odd. Works OK, however.
Drive letters are assigned by your PC/Laptop OS, in Windows you can use the Disk Management function of Computer Management program to reassign a different letter to any drive.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #20
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I know how to do that, but never bothered with my Nook. I just thought it was odd the way it swapped drive letters, putting the main device after the card.

But thanks for the suggestion. I have noticed with other devices (say external hard drives) that once you have modified a drive letter for a particular device, the system retains it. So, for example, for my backup hard drive I have assigned a letter deep into the alphabet (O), so it never gets screwed up by flash drive letters that get assigned when I temporarily plug them in. It retains the letter O for the external hard drive, which makes backup procedures very easy.

Last edited by RAH; 11-26-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #21
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: NST, DX, PW1, Voyage, Oasis (1 week), Kobo Aura One (1 week)
I don't know if you also noticed that you can now highlight words for look-up even if they're dashed to the next line. Couldn't do this before.
bokolobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #22
meco
meco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 11th gen
Prior to this update, the page numbers appeared with the chapter names or numbers on a book's Contents section. Now they're gone..If u want to see the pages left in a chapter u can use the "goto" button.It shows the pages.
meco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #23
lulalullah
Enthusiast
lulalullah began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokolobs View Post
I don't know if you also noticed that you can now highlight words for look-up even if they're dashed to the next line. Couldn't do this before.
This is a swell new feature. The dictionary has always bothered me to that effect.
lulalullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #24
RAH
Guru

Yes, thanks for pointing out the new ability to look up line-broken words. That is a very useful enhancement.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #25
Enraptured
Connoisseur
Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Touch
Looks like they fixed the problem where a lot of books' font and line spacing would only change in places where the text was italicized.

It also seems to have slowed down my device a bit, but the difference is negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlark View Post
Thanks to everyone for your responses!
3) Under Social settings, there is a new option called Auto-friending, which will automatically add Facebook friends as Nook friends. This is enabled by default, so you might want to check your settings.
Yikes, thanks for the tip.
Enraptured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #26
lfeuln
lfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and gracelfeuln herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: iPhone, Retina iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch
I kept getting a "User not activated" error post 1.2 update with borrowed Adobe DRM books, and per the B&N Community forums was not alone.

If affected you need to delete a folder called Digital Editions *and* a file called ".adobe-digital-editions" from the Nook before re-authorizing with Adobe Digital Editions 2.0. If you're on a Mac the .com file will be hidden! So find a PC or use the terminal to view hidden files.

Just FYI and hope this can help someone.
lfeuln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
While this update does appear to display the text a bit crisper, this hyphenation bug reported over a year ago is still there.

The only way I've found to prevent it is to have "adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed;" in the body CSS. FYI.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #28
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I noticed that I now have a black bar at the bottom of my screen telling me to touch the N to wake up the device. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #29
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
For anyone who would like to block automatic software updates (e.g., to 1.2) there is how-to info here.

Last edited by livramax; 12-03-2012 at 03:41 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #30
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I noticed that I now have a black bar at the bottom of my screen telling me to touch the N to wake up the device. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
Are you referring to the screensaver screen? I haven't updated to 1.2 yet, so I don't know about all the changes.

All of the original screensavers on the NOOK ST have the black bar with the "press the N button below" as part of the design. I replaced the screensavers with some custom designs I preferred and eliminated the black bar.

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.2.1, firmware, update