Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oh, and (coming back to my senses and remembering where i am) :

moz : if you *do* make a lego (or other) scanner (which i encourage you to do ! if only because legos are awesome) please do let us know how it works out for you... by the way, *where* do you live ? could i give you some of my books to scan ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #17
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
by the way, *where* do you live ? could i give you some of my books to scan ?
I'm in Sydney, Australia. Pop by any time I'll have to see how it goes, I have other things to do and I don't evcen have my reader yet.But if I do get an automatic book scanner working there's a bit of a queue here... I'll let you know.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #18
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
I like saying liseuse like "Talouse" Lautrec. Partially, because I know very little of proper French pronounciation (sic), and because I love the name Talouse Lautrec.

This could be more tied to my scanty knowledge of the man, but his name seems like something that sound dirty, like the French are having us on about throwing a word like 'poop' or some blue phrase into everyday conversation, but I suspect it truly is innocous, like "Le Poisson! Le Poisson!"

That sounded so dirty in the Little Mermaid.

(Probably because of that suggestive chortle that Frenchmen make which I am loath to replicate via onomatopoeia. That, and who doesn't find a redheaded mermaid irresistible?)
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:19 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
I'm in Sydney, Australia. Pop by any time I'll have to see how it goes, I have other things to do and I don't evcen have my reader yet.But if I do get an automatic book scanner working there's a bit of a queue here... I'll let you know.
hm, Australia... thus the name moz, of course, i should have guessed. that makes it rather far for a bit of book conversion among friends, but if by some completely unforeseen circumstance i *do* ever find myself in your neighborhood i will definitely say hello, thanks for the invitation ! please don't offer me any shrimp though (i've heard australians like shrimp...), they give me the creeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I like saying liseuse like "Talouse" Lautrec. Partially, because I know very little of proper French pronounciation (sic), and because I love the name Talouse Lautrec.

This could be more tied to my scanty knowledge of the man, but his name seems like something that sound dirty, like the French are having us on about throwing a word like 'poop' or some blue phrase into everyday conversation, but I suspect it truly is innocous, like "Le Poisson! Le Poisson!"

That sounded so dirty in the Little Mermaid.

(Probably because of that suggestive chortle that Frenchmen make which I am loath to replicate via onomatopoeia. That, and who doesn't find a redheaded mermaid irresistible?)
(after lengthy inner debate, decide not to spoil whatever sulphurous ideas the name Toulouse-Lautrec seems to evoke for Cthulhu by any further exposition, especially since if nothing else the lifestyle of the man himself is ample justification (and probably went beyond anything Cthulhu has imagined). am nonetheless sorely tempted to request onomatopoeic transcription of alleged "french chortle" ; very intriguing. highly amused by suggestive qualities of french language in apparently even its most banal manifestations to certain non-francophone ears. highly impressed by power even of mere mention of red hair to put Cthulhu in such a state. suddenly quite curious as to whether *all* men react this way. must do informal survey at least among friends.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #20
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Zelda:

All smart men react in like manner to aforementioned stimulus. Unless they are from Argon. Those people should be banned from Earth.

All right. Sounded like an idiot as I sounded out the infamous French chortle.......here it goes.

So a Maitre' D seats a beautiful young woman and her date. He asks the man what on the menu piques his interest. The man replies "the fish, I think,' to which said saucy Frenchman exclaims:

"Oh-hoaw-hoaw-hoaw haw......Le Poisson, Le poisson. eh?" with a knowing wink.

The Simpsons make fun of this chortle on numerous occasions. Sadly, I cannot find one on youtube.

Happily, on youtube, I find this song
. At 30 seconds, the evil Franc makes that noise.

As for Misseur Lautrec, I meant to convey that I fancy "lih-soose" over "lis-use."

Last edited by Cthulhu; 03-02-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: found the infamous French Chortle
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote