Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have updated the MobileRead Wiki Conversion page with the new name and links to the old thread (secondary) and this thread (primary.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:45 AM   #17
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschan
Hi Geekraver,

Many thanks for your wonderful program and continued improvement. I have been using both rss2book version 20 and web2book version 21. For some strange reason, when I used the html2doc pdf version with the option
--links --toclevels 2 --gray --header ... --footer ... --textcolor black --verbose

web2book did not generate any table of content. But rss2book did generate a table of content with the same options.

Thank you.

KSC
Thanks, this is a bug. I've posted a temporary fix in the sticky thread (a DLL replacement); the full fix will go in the next release.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #18
yunhaid
Enthusiast
yunhaid doesn't litteryunhaid doesn't litter

GeekRaver,great software, can you give me the writepdf.h writertf.h and some samples codes to ouptput the rtf and pdf, thank you.

Last edited by yunhaid; 02-28-2007 at 07:40 AM.
yunhaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #19
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunhaid
GeekRaver,great software, can you give me the writepdf.h writertf.h and some samples codes to ouptput the rtf and pdf, thank you.
What is it you're trying to do? If you want to make output plugins for web2book you should start by looking at IHtmlConverter.cs, which is the output plugin interface (you'll find it in the app's install directory).

For writing PDF and RTF I use the iTextSharp library. If you want to write PDF/RTF files in some other app I'd suggest looking at that directly rather than my code, which is somewhat klunky as it is making a round peg (iTextSharp) fit in a square hole (IHtmlConverter).
Old 03-01-2007, 06:57 AM   #20
yunhaid
Enthusiast
yunhaid doesn't litteryunhaid doesn't litter

thank you, iTextSharp library is C# library ,i can't use it at all, i only use C language.
i have already write the rss2txt program same as you(mainly because your web2book can't support chinese language RSS NEWS,so i write it), but have trouble in output pdf,at this time it just output the txt. i think i should find an other way to output the pdf.
your web2book is very good,and give me much ideals, thank you!!
yunhaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #21
pclewis
Enthusiast
pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Web2book

Geekraver:

I seem to be having no luck with this. I used the old rss2book with ok results - not always great.

With this, I get nothing. Do I really need HTMLDOC if I want to make lrf or RTF? I thought that was for PDF.

On web pages, do you need Tidy?

Lastly, does this run on Vista?
pclewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #22
geekraver
Addict

You only need htmldoc installed if you select "HtmlDoc PDF" as the output format; not for any of the other output formats ("PDF", "RTF", "LRF" or "HTML").

You do NOT need tidy; if you have tidy it doesn't hurt to use it but it is not necessary (and will be even less necessary with the next update).

I have NOT tested on Vista at all, so I don't know, although I have heard that it does work.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #23
pclewis
Enthusiast
pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.

Web2Book

Geekraver:

I have updated to 2.3. I am trying to feed the NYT from the web site:

http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/...t/HomePage.xml

I set: Enabled 1 Day and 2 levels. RTF output

I get one blank page. Is something supposed to be in Content Extraction Pattern or Content Reformatter?

I am missing someting with the Web version. Thanks,
Also, still having errors on the Vista machine with the program sutting down. Not with XP

Phil
Old 03-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #24
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclewis
Geekraver:

I have updated to 2.3. I am trying to feed the NYT from the web site:

http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/...t/HomePage.xml

I set: Enabled 1 Day and 2 levels. RTF output

I get one blank page. Is something supposed to be in Content Extraction Pattern or Content Reformatter?

I am missing someting with the Web version. Thanks,
Also, still having errors on the Vista machine with the program sutting down. Not with XP

Phil
If you are trying to extract the pages linked by this RSS feed, you should give Dapper a try: http://www.dapper.net/
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #25
pclewis
Enthusiast

Vista

I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.3 on Vista and it is no longer crashing. However, I get the same pages as XP. Either blanks, no drill down or lots of web links.

Help
Old 03-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #26
geekraver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclewis
I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.3 on Vista and it is no longer crashing. However, I get the same pages as XP. Either blanks, no drill down or lots of web links.

Help
First of all, you need to set this up as an "RSS Feed" and not as a "Web Page". The web page tab is for HTML, not for XML.

Just go to File menu, click Subscribe, select the New York Times Home Page entry, and click Subscribe. It's all set up already and works just fine.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #27
pclewis
Enthusiast

Web2Book

Dumb me. I thought the Web2book changed that. Feed works and Vista works. Let me play around a little before asking anymore dumb questions.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 03-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #28
LEE YONG HOON
LEE YONG HOON began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500
Can't I use Rss2Book that is support Korean or Japanese?? T-T(..surpport Extended Unix Coding ( EUC ) 8-bit character encoding used primarily for Korean or Japanese...)
please...develop Rss2Book support Korean or Japanese..
LEE YONG HOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #29
nevsf
nevsf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Question Go! doesn't work?

I have a problem I haven't seen addressed on this thread...

If I set up Feeds and hit the "Go!" button, Web2Book (v23) makes it through the "Web2Book Progress" window, but when it switches to the "Log" window it sits there forever with the message "Processing <feed name>" (eg. "Processing Boing Boing").

If I hit the "Test" key instead, everything works fine.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it just me?

Thanks!
nevsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #30
geekraver
Addict

I'm not sure what you mean. You can manually close the log window. Is it just the presence of the window that is bothering you?