Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-01-2017, 02:20 AM   #1
eng10110
eng10110 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max Lumi
ReMarkable Paper Tablet

There is a new e-ink based 'paper' tablet to be launched i.e. ReMarkable i.e. https://getremarkable.com/

It's in pre-launched, pre-order phase right now but the tablet certainly looks enticing.

Supposedly the first bunch of people who pre-ordered will get theirs in August this year.

Anybody here pre-ordered ReMarkable as yet?

ReMarkable supposedly uses a Canvas Display but it's partially based on E-ink Carta technology (same as the upcoming new Onyx Max Carta).

Supposedly no glass parts and 'virtually unbreakable' (read into this what you will, marketing does tend to get a little exaggerated at times)

10.3" Capacitative with a Stylue (which i think to imply they have a separate electronic layer beneath the screen to distinguish between finger and stylus, to allow for automatic palm rejection i.e. you can lay your palm without it being interpreted as a finger touch).

Any thoughts on ReMarkable?

Warmest Regards
Steven Sim
eng10110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:26 AM   #2
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
What does it currently compete with in the market?
I know there were a lot of other brands out there creating a similar device.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
In case you missed it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ght=remarkable
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remarkable canvas carta