Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-11-2016, 05:16 AM   #1
joseant.hernande
joseant.hernande began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2nd generation
How to add date to Recipe Title

Hello,

I have created a recipe to generate a Huffingtonpost.fr ebook, I then email it to my kindle 2nd generation.

My kindle only shows the latest issue and not the ones I produced in previous days, I believe it is an overwrite issue.

I thought about adding the date to the title of the huffingtopost.fr issue title so I would keep previous versions and I quickly identified when they were produced.

If you have a better idea about how to sort the problem (i.e. keeping more than an issue in the kindle), it is more than welcome.

I post my recipe below, my knowledge of coding is very very limited.

Thanks in advance

José

#!/usr/bin/env python2
# vim:fileencoding=utf-8
from __future__ import unicode_literals, division, absolute_import, print_function
from calibre.web.feeds.news import BasicNewsRecipe

class AdvancedUserRecipe1472049895(BasicNewsRecipe):
title = 'Huffington Post - France'
oldest_article = 7
max_articles_per_feed = 20
publisher = 'huffingtonpost.fr'
category = 'news, France, world'
language = 'fr'
auto_cleanup = True

feeds = [
("L'ACTUALIT\xc9", 'http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/feeds/news.xml'),
('Blog', 'http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/feeds/blog.xml'),
]

remove_empty_feeds = True
filterDuplicates = True
joseant.hernande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are going to email your files to the kindle then amazon will auto-convert them from periodicals to books.Instead use the USB connection and the periodicals will show up as peridicals with the date below the title.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
book issues, kindle 2, recipe