Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
dmunson
dmunson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Searching Question

I had some bad results from searching through my library. Huge library (about 20k books). Running windows 8, 64 bit. Has anyone had difficulties with poor returns on searches? The results seemed like they had nothing to do with the search term. I can't remember the name but I had searched for a odd name and hundreds of books were returned; none with that search name anywhere in any tag or identification.
dmunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunson View Post
Has anyone had difficulties with poor returns on searches? The results seemed like they had nothing to do with the search term.
The results were accurate because they found your search term in the comments section. Obviously you weren't expecting all of the comments to be searched and including the comments section in searching can be confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunson View Post
I can't remember the name but I had searched for a odd name and hundreds of books were returned; none with that search name anywhere in any tag or identification.
By default general (non-prefixed) searches include the comments area. I went to Preferences - Searching and chose to limit my non-prefixed searches to title, authors, tags, series, and publisher. Excluding the comments section speeds up your non-prefixed searching quite a bit and you no longer get confusing results.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved posts to own thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote