Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #31
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff
I loved Cryptonomicon, but I am an (aged) nerd, as I think you have to be to enjoy this. It is very, very funny in many places, and an amazing story line. He is infamous, however, for his very abrupt endings.
I read Cryptonomicon a few years ago and found that it was a good read, it's a little disconcerting at first haow the book jumps back and forth between two time periods, but all comes together nicely. Can't imagine how long this book is in Reader pages, as it was a quite hefty size in bound print.

Here's yet another suggestion for those wanting to maximize their $-to-eBook ratio:

His Dark Materials Trilogy - This is a very good series, while targeted at adolescents, I found it to be a very interesting read that keeps you wanting more. I had to wait for the final book for a while, that really sucked! Get 'em all for an outstanding $7.19!

Also another tip, try searching the Connect store using the keyword "bundle" to find what their bundled selections (which are pretty darn good deals).
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:08 AM   #32
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
...or just click Specials -> View More Bundles.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #33
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
...or just click Specials -> View More Bundles.
Lol, didn't think about that option as I was hurridly (is that a word?) browsing for the best bang for my buck before the creds expired. I'll check it out again... ahh, there's the little button! Thanks for pointing that out in your own special way
Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #34
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
Azayzel - Yes it is a word. Spelled Hurriedly. By the way what is Azayzel? Your name or an acronym? Are you a native of Japan?
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #35
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormB
Azayzel - Yes it is a word. Spelled Hurriedly. By the way what is Azayzel? Your name or an acronym? Are you a native of Japan?
Thanks for the clarification Norm! No, not a native of Japan; just an American living here teaching English for a few years (it's actually quite fun, easy, and pays well too, good experience ). I took the handle Azayzel quite a while back; actually, after someone stole my Hotmail account back in 2000, before M$ firmed up security (too bad too, as I had it since the end of '96 ). It's from the movie Fallen (1998), which is about a fallen angel that can jump to a new body simply through physical contact, great flick and one of my favorites and I figured it was fitting moniker since we tend to change personas quite easily on the net, with no one the wiser.

Thanks for asking, sorry if you were expecting a native though.
Advert