Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Removing Calibre from Linux

Hello there

I'm having strange issues with Qt in Lucid Lynx, thus I've uninstalled it and I'm trying to uninstall every other program related with said framework. I've seen that Kovid refuses to build uninstall packages for Linux due to the huge effort which would be programming them for the wide array of distros available.

However, I still want to uninstall calibre fully. Is there a time-saving way to delete every calibre-related folder and file?

Thanks in advance.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you have used the Calibre binary install, then all you need to do is to delete the Calibre install folder (and all its contents). If you did a source level install then I am not sure it is that easy.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
kingduct
Enthusiast
kingduct doesn't litterkingduct doesn't litterkingduct doesn't litter

Device: none
If you installed it through the Ubuntu repositories, it should have automatically uninstalled when you uninstalled one of the dependencies. You could also try "sudo apt-get remove calibre"

If you installed it with the binary, as itimpi said, you should just be able to delete the folder where Calibre was installed, though you may have to run sudo to do so.

Bear in mind that I don't think you have to uninstall Calibre in this situation, unless you are low on disk space.
kingduct is offline   Reply With Quote