Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #16
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... I am about to purchase a kobo, anything else I should know?

Do not get an SDHC card - just SD - for storing up to 4GB of .pdf documents! Something I *really* like about the kobo is that SD card slot!

Clint Bradford
a 4GB SDHC card should also work. Anything over that is not gauranteed to work as we have not tested with it.

I've used an 8GB before out of convenience, but it did not have much stuff on there so I don't know the extent to which it will work.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #17
George.
George. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... I am about to purchase a kobo, anything else I should know?

Do not get an SDHC card - just SD - for storing up to 4GB of .pdf documents! Something I *really* like about the kobo is that SD card slot!

Clint Bradford
Thanks. What's the diffrence, if you don't mind me asking? Also, if you own a kobo, would you know where the cheapest place to get either a sticker cover for the kobo or a fabric cover? I prefer the latter, but am planing on purchasing both as well.
George. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #18
kiwikobo
Enthusiast
kiwikobo doesn't litterkiwikobo doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by George. View Post
I am about to purchase a kobo, anything else I should know?
Buy one right now, from physical stock in the store, otherwise you might end up with one with the new firmware ready-installed on it...
kiwikobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just becasue YOU are not happy with the new firmware does not mean everyone is.

Besides, what is to say that when the Kobo performs it's initial install of the desktop application that it will not download the newest client at that time, and perform the upgrade.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #20
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just becasue YOU are not happy with the new firmware does not mean everyone is.

Besides, what is to say that when the Kobo performs it's initial install of the desktop application that it will not download the newest client at that time, and perform the upgrade.
You can keep dismissing the wizard if you so choose. But it will keep firing every once in a while (I believe every time you start the application).
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #21
fritzela
fritzela began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
The same exact thing just happened to me!
fritzela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #22
fritzela
fritzela began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Happened to me 2!
fritzela is offline   Reply With Quote