Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
muñeca
muñeca began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
eBookwise Librarian or reader issue...

I have had a hell of day converting this book and now I think my ebookwise device is broken or its software is please help.

It started when I tried to convert a lit book to html using ConvertLit but the html files were blank I went on this site trying to find out what was wrong. After reading I figured out I had a bad lit file so using the suggestions on this site I installed Calibre to convert my lit to lrf and then I used ABC Amber Sony LRF Converter to convert the lrf to html. Yes its run about way of doing this but there were reason I chose to do it this way. Anyways once I had my html file I used eBookwise Librarian to convert it to imp.

I tried to transfer my imp file to my ebookwise but it crashed so I reset it but now my ebookwise gives me this message "There is no response from the server; trying the operation again may help" and eBookwise Librarian says "Responding to eBook bookshelf request." But they don't connect to each other

I've tried reinstalling the eBookwise Librarian software with no luck please help!

Thank you.

Last edited by muñeca; 09-14-2008 at 01:48 AM.
muñeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:10 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
problems with convert lit

This is a silly question but did you make sure you have the usb software installed and that your ebookwise librarian program is open before you plug in and turn on your eb1150?

I have had occasional problems with convert lit myself. Did you try using the .oeb that convert lit can produce to import into ebookwise librarian?

If those are not working I would suggest you try the command line convertlit, I had to do that with a book a while back ago it was just very stubborn!

See threads:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27059

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18049

I have not had terribly good luck in my use of calibre, *shrug* but I don't use it terribly often myself.

Hopefully those threads are helpful!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by muñeca View Post
I have had a hell of day converting this book and now I think my ebookwise device is broken or its software is please help.

It started when I tried to convert a lit book to html using ConvertLit but the html files were blank I went on this site trying to find out what was wrong. After reading I figured out I had a bad lit file so using the suggestions on this site I installed Calibre to convert my lit to lrf and then I used ABC Amber Sony LRF Converter to convert the lrf to html. Yes its run about way of doing this but there were reason I chose to do it this way. Anyways once I had my html file I used eBookwise Librarian to convert it to imp.
I have used the procedure described in the sticky thread Convert .lit directly into .IMP formats to convert many .lit files directly into .IMP formats for the EBW 1150(grayscale) and/or REB 1200(color).

You need to install s32lit2sb.exe (in the s32lit2sb.zip file), follow the instructions in s32lit2sb-INSTRUCTIONS-by-NR.txt and optionally replace, in the install directory, the original lit2sb.exe with the re-compiled one (in the lit2sb.zip file) I made from the RESURRECTED perl script.

Quote:
I tried to transfer my imp file to my ebookwise but it crashed so I reset it but now my ebookwise gives me this message "There is no response from the server; trying the operation again may help" and eBookwise Librarian says "Responding to eBook bookshelf request." But they don't connect to each other

I've tried reinstalling the eBookwise Librarian software with no luck please help!

Thank you.
If you "confuse" your eBookwise Librarian, consider the following steps:
1. turn off your eBookwise 1150 reader, shutdown the usb driver in the windows tray, close the eBookwise Librarian.
2. start the eBookwise Librarian and wait until its finished loading.
3. start the eBook usb driver.
4. turn on your eBookwise 1150 and ensure the usb driver icon in the windows tray indicates it is connecting (should look like an eiffel tower with branches).
5. ensure you do not have 'Use HTTP proxy' selected in your Phone Connection setting in the eBookwise reader.

If this doesn't work, consider calling ebookwise.com for support with your reader.

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-14-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: fixed typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
muñeca
muñeca began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
If you "confuse" your eBookwise Librarian, consider the following steps:
1. turn off your eBookwise 1150 reader, shutdown the usb driver in the windows tray, close the eBookwise Librarian.
2. start the eBookwise Librarian and wait until its finished loading.
3. start the eBook usb driver.
4. turn on your eBookwise 1150 and ensure the usb driver icon in the windows tray indicates it is connecting (should look like a eiffel tower with branches).
5. ensure you do not have Use HTTP proxy selected in your Phone Connection setting in the eBookwise reader.

If this doesn't work, consider calling ebookwise.com for support with your reader.
Thanks Nick this worked, but only after I used eBookwise Librarian to convert another book to test the transfer because the original book that started this whole mess wouldn't transfer it took me 10 different tries before I got it to my reader. I think the book was cursed because it fought me every step of the way and I never had so much trouble with a book before.

I'll look into the other programs but hopefully future books won't give me this much trouble.

muñeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by muñeca View Post
I'll look into the other programs but hopefully future books won't give me this much trouble.

If I have that issue I cram the card into my card reader and tell the Librarian to export to the card.

I am slowly moving away from the Ebookwise librarian and more towards the alternative solutions by the talent in this group though!
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert