Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #76
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Is there any way to identify the files when you copy them to the Kindle? An embedded splash screen, or some sort of label? I'm using DVDCatalyst, and still learning about it, but overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results. The only thing is that I have four squares of blue sky and a grey blur in my Personal Videos folder (four episodes of Bleach and True Lies) and I have to Click/Hold to get item details to find out what's what. Seems like it can only get worse.

Thanks,
Andy
I thought I saw in the latest update of DVDCatalyst that they added a feature that alows you to place a title (or whatever you want) text on the first 5-10 seconds of the movie...since the thumbnail displays a frame from that time slot it is visible as text in the thumbnail. I haven't played with this...I assume it needs to be done when ripping and not available retroactive.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #77
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I assume it needs to be done when ripping and not available retroactive.
Indeed. And I'm not sure if Gallery takes it's thumbnail from the first few seconds or later in the file.

By the way, the maker of DVDCatalyst also makes MovieGallery, which is an Android video viewer/browser app that does show the titles. I presume there are other suitable Gallery replacements in the app store as well.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #78
DVDCatalyst
DVD Catalyst Developer
DVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it is

Device: NOOK color, tablet, hd, hd+, Kindle Touch, Fire, Fire HD, Fire HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I thought I saw in the latest update of DVDCatalyst that they added a feature that alows you to place a title (or whatever you want) text on the first 5-10 seconds of the movie...since the thumbnail displays a frame from that time slot it is visible as text in the thumbnail. I haven't played with this...I assume it needs to be done when ripping and not available retroactive.
The feature has been in there for a while, but in one of the recent updates, I modified it a bit. Originally the Gallery thumbnail was taken from a random frame in the first 15 seconds, but with I think 4.1, the Gallery takes it a bit later. The setting now does it for the first 30 seconds.

But,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
By the way, the maker of DVDCatalyst also makes MovieGallery, which is an Android video viewer/browser app that does show the titles.
using cover images for your videos is a nicer option. With the overlay option, the video title is burned permanently into the video during the first 30 seconds, which can be a bit of a nuisance.
DVDCatalyst is offline   Reply With Quote