Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #46
mathematicap
mathematicap began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
hi dear uboot.
i download all your file 2-3 times.but my device sd flash is off all the time and nothing do.
think that my sony does not into flash mode.i damage firmware file before restarting .is this reson of it.
my device is still on opening book hang.please help me how can i use sd recover.
and excuse because of too many post.

Last edited by mathematicap; 08-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.
mathematicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #47
mathematicap

Hi .
I still try to turn my prs-t1 since last month .so I have now a sd class 10 for exam .
1.Is there any way that we can exam file in first post,how?
2.Is there any way that we can manually format internal memory and set os with linux or Windows.
3-and the format of micro sd must be ntfs or fat32?
thanks

my device is still like this post:Link

Last edited by mathematicap; 08-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #48
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
1: yes, you can mount the update.img from within linux via loop device.

2: yes, but you can destroy your reader if not carefull, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178199 and http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D23354

3: fat32
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #49
rangdaz
rangdaz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I'm newbie. I just got PRS-T1 today and I try to install rupor's root. But this reader has previous root. I don't know the name of it. I see how to recovery to stock from this tread.

http://sonyfmngr.sourceforge.net/prsT1.htm
it link to sd recovery made by uboot.

I try it but when it boot my reader was empty. There is nothing in it and Zeam launcher and any thing from former root has gone. I can't do anything. but it can boot and transfer with computer. I'm lucky that it isn't it but I want to know about that

1. Is my reader still good? If not, how should I do for it.
2. Can I install rupor's root. I just try from install flash_reader.bat but it has error about xcopy. I don't know about it.

sorry for my bad English. Thanks
rangdaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #50
mathematicap

thanks uboot
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #51
addheat
addheat began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G (Stanza)
My sony prs t1 restarted after less than 5 mins of use. Or even sometimes frozen. I am at 1.04 stock, so i doubt this is firmware issue. I live outside US, so left with no warranty from Sony.

Try to reflash using your image. As I write this, it has been an hour where the led is blinking and no sign of completed process. Should i wait until the battery depleted? Thanks.
addheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #52
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Which LED? Power-LED or MICROSD-LED?

Which rescue image did you use?

I'd give it another hour and then do a reset.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #53
addheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Which LED? Power-LED or MICROSD-LED?

Which rescue image did you use?

I'd give it another hour and then do a reset.
I used the second package (rescue_1.04.zip).

What I meant was micro sd LED. I let the ereader churn over night and now it stopped blinking. Thought it was out of juice but it responded when i pressed power button (and battery level was half empty).

Now I can see that random restart/freeze has gone but it always ask for setting (location, time zone, and time/date) everytime i rebooted.. Anyway to circumvent this? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #54
addheat

Just want to add that after i restored to default using the setting menu the device has returned to state where random reboots/freeze occur. Would that be the case of defective hardware? Thanks.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #55
uboot
Evangelist

It's a software problem. Others had it, too (e.g. bookp).

Please try a factory reset first: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...#Factory_Reset

If this doesn't help - take the first rescue package.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #56
addheat

1) downloaded the first package
2) reflashed using first package
3) micro sd card led went blinking for like 9 hours or so--until it stopped
4) pressed power button, led blinking for 3 times... nothing... didnt reboot--screen stays at "opening book..."
5) pressed power button for 3 seconds, just blinking for 3 times and nothing--screen stays
6) pressed power button while hitting reset hole, waited for 10 secs, nothing happened

tried to connect via usb, led power lighted but not recognized by PC. i am out of option now. device is lemon now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
It's a software problem. Others had it, too (e.g. bookp).

Please try a factory reset first: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...#Factory_Reset

If this doesn't help - take the first rescue package.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #57
uboot
Evangelist

which color does it blink? red? if yes: battery is empty
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #58
lonekieper
lonekieper began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Hi,

after I rooted my device with rupor's AMR it worked well for some days. After playing around (installing apps, etc.) it finally froze completely.

I tried both packages several times without any success. I was able to boot into recovery, SD light flashed for about half an hour, when it stopped I removed the SD and restarted. Now it always stops at 100% of "Opening book..." or the arrow-circle appears and then it freezes. Is there anything else I can try? (Except giving it back to the store and hope they just give me a new one without checking if it was rooted or not)

Thanks for all help!!!
lonekieper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #59
ghasek
ghasek began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Thanks for all the work Uboot!

used rupers AMR and then without thinking applied "enable adb"... and now im here :P

used the 2nd package. think it went for at least 7+ hours until the sd light stopped blinking.
I get the initiation every boot. Also manually updated it with the sony 1.04 update, but no change.

Now thinking if I should try the 1st rescue package instead..

any thoughts?^^

Edit: (sidenote) before I did the sd-recovery I had it on "USB debugging mode" which seems to have survived the recovery.. don't know if it matters much though

Edit2: couldn't find the diag.log on internal

Edit3: went with the 1st package and seems to work ok now, USB debugging is still there though, didnt do a factory reset but never had the initialization problem.

Last edited by ghasek; 09-07-2012 at 10:39 AM.
ghasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #60
fridolin
fridolin began at the beginning.

Hello,
i have a problem when i want to write that file for getting into testmode..

i broke my display, lucky as i am i have a second one here but when i try to attach that display it shows everything correct except the touchscreen doesnt recognise input-.-
thats why i try to get into testmode and set the vcom right .. do a facory initialize as described in the manual.

the thing on this one is that i also cant start the reader normaly i did " Recovering a bricked device (sd recovery, sd rescue)" with the 1.04 package and let it run until the sd card didnt flash anymore..

when i restart now it wants me to choose a language but i cant touch it -.-
so thats why i tried to get into the testmode with the recovery image.... i started it and i can connect to it with putty but here it ends
well the main reason for this is because i am not so familiar with linux so i have problems writeing this xyz file (i know the name is important.. i did create it on the sdcard and was able to get into testmode on the fully working reader).. could u help me out here?
i mean can u give me a litte instruction how to do this.. i read through the wiki the whole night now and cant get it done..
huge thanks to everyone that read until here and tries to help me out here
fridolin is offline   Reply With Quote