Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Stanza and iOS5

I was just updating my iPhone and noticed an update for Stanza. It stated that the update was for iOS 5 compatibility.

I don't run iOS 5, but this looks like Stanza is no longer broken on iOS 5.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Yep, did a quick test on my iPhone 4 and iPad 1 and the latest version 3.2 worked fine for me under IOS 5. So that's a very nice surprise that after all this time they still appear to be supporting Stanza. Many people here will be happy!

However I have noticed one omission, which I guess is hardly surprising. Under "Get Books", the option to download your books directly from your Fictionwise library is gone. I suppose you can always load via iTunes.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozron View Post
However I have noticed one omission, which I guess is hardly surprising. Under "Get Books", the option to download your books directly from your Fictionwise library is gone.
They removed it from their website feed (http://catalog.lexcycle.com/) so it's gone even from earlier versions.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote