Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
hheather
hheather began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Magnification?

Being visually impaired I was very excited to hear that Sony's ereader had magnification unfortunately it's not enough.
I was wondering which reader device has the most magnification? I'm willing to still use my handheld magnifier but would love to be able to read a book with one hand and say drink coffe with teh other without juggling.
hheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If you're using an RTF file (or converting to LRF using something like BookDesigner) you can increase the base font size before you even put the file on the reader, and still have the two 'magnified' sizes in reserve as you like.

Welcome to MobileRead, BTW.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:47 AM   #3
hheather
hheather began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
If you're using an RTF file (or converting to LRF using something like BookDesigner) you can increase the base font size before you even put the file on the reader, and still have the two 'magnified' sizes in reserve as you like.

Welcome to MobileRead, BTW.
Thanks so so much for this! After ten years of reading with a 10x magnifier this is such an exciting thing for me.
and thanks for the welcome too
hheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Glad that helped, hheather, I was afraid you were already doing that and it still wasn't enough!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
there would be still one thing to note. PDFs don't reflow but in the case they have been specially prepared ('tagged') to make this possible and even then it still depends on the reader software if reflow works.
What happens with Sony's LRF files, i don't know, as I don't own a Sony.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote