Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
DVD Catalyst

Absolutely outstanding. Many presets for various devices, including the Fire, Nexus 7, Apple devices and other 7 and 10-inch tablets. Excellent UI and is a one-click process for any DVDs (hint). The developer offers excellent support -- it's worth every cent. Free trial available.

So easy a caveman can do it. Really.

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-14-2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: link removed in accordance with site policy
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I cant seem to get any to work... tried all suggested so far. DVDSmith shows the movies on the fire as still pics frame by frame. Handbreak wont even rip the DVD into my laptop. My antiviris blocked the Magic. DVD Catalyst cant find the Freebie. IDEAS??? Non-Techy lost in cyberspace!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
1. Insert DVD in computer
[mod: detailed DRM removal instructions deleted in accordance with site policy]
9. Click Start

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-14-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2303359&postcount=27
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #19
DVDCatalyst
DVD Catalyst Developer
DVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it is

Device: NOOK color, tablet, hd, hd+, Kindle Touch, Fire, Fire HD, Fire HD+
Lightbulb DVD Catalyst Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I cant seem to get any to work... tried all suggested so far. DVDSmith shows the movies on the fire as still pics frame by frame. Handbreak wont even rip the DVD into my laptop. My antiviris blocked the Magic. DVD Catalyst cant find the Freebie. IDEAS??? Non-Techy lost in cyberspace!
Hi Katie,

Can you please provide some additional information on "cant find the freebie". Are you experiencing complications with the trial version download?

Yesterday one of my hosting companies was experiencing some complications, which could be the reason for the complication you experienced.

If you are still experiencing download issues today, please let me know by either reply here, private message here, or send me an email ad dvdcatalyst at gmail dot com.
DVDCatalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skydog said there was a Free Trail all I see is the paid one. As Dumb as I am I have to Try Before I Buy LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #21
DVDCatalyst
DVD Catalyst Developer
DVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it isDVDCatalyst knows what time it is

Ah ok

I'll pm you a link to the trial version.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
Will give - DVD Catalyst a free trial shortly.

Managed to rip Ghostbuster in just under an hour at 640*480. Can't try it on Kindle Fire HD yet, however I know a rough speed and size (just over a gig).
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #23
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DVDCatalyst - Could I ask if you could attach me on that PM please?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
DVDCatalyst
DVD Catalyst Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
DVDCatalyst - Could I ask if you could attach me on that PM please?
Of course Villordsutch

Thank you for your interest.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
Will give - DVD Catalyst a free trial shortly.

Managed to rip Ghostbuster in just under an hour at 640*480. Can't try it on Kindle Fire HD yet, however I know a rough speed and size (just over a gig).
The file size sounds about right. When I use Handbrake to create widescreen conversions of that resolution (853 x 480) I routinely get files around 1 GB to 1.5 GB.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Thank you for the Link DVD Catalyst and YAY! jswinden I may have done something right New for me
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Moderator Notice
A gentle reminder to everyone that it is against our site policy to provide links to DRM-removal software, or detailed instructions in its use. This applies to DVDs just as much as it does to books. Please make sure that the software you link to is in accordance with this policy.

Thank you for your understanding and help.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Completely agree Alex. Against Piracy, just looking to how easy it is to convert my own DVDs to run on the Kindle Fire HD.

If we've stepped over a safety mark for the forum please remove this thread.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #29
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDCatalyst View Post
Ah ok

I'll pm you a link to the trial version.
Got the PM! WAS EASY to do even for a Non-Techy like me!! I would Highly Recomed this for Anyone! It will even add the Text for deaf
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #30
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just wanted to chime in that I agree with Skydog. I've been using Cat for years (since version 2, I think) and have always gotten great support, even when it was just a matter of asking about optimizing settings and choosing the best presets. Well worth the price for that alone.

Hey, nice to see you here, Mitch!
Now if Amazon would only give you SDK access so your movie player app could go true fullscreen on the Fire.....

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 11-15-2012 at 09:40 PM.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote