Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #31
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
If all goes well, we should have parts (a content management system, trac and svn) of the community website up sometime next week.

Hopefully we can continue to work closely with iRex to make this project a reality and start making things come together.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #32
PhilT
Enthusiast
PhilT began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Excellent news!

What will repo contain? Will we have access to sources they are currently working on? What role are they to play in this project?

There are a whole ton of questions that need answering but I guess this will be forthcoming in the new system?
PhilT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #33
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I see it laid out as such:

iRex will provide source code releases for internal software when/where they see fit. That code will be organized by software release version.

From there, we can add new application sources and releases (community ipdf, fbreader, dillo, etc). This way the modified sources are available to all. New trunks can be created with modifications and enhancements.

It will all make sense when we get the ball rolling on this.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #34
thetechnobear
Connoisseur
thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad, Kindle K3, iPad , iPhone, etc...
im interested to help,
developer (for more years than i like to admit ) in c, c++ and java, windows and linux (though not kernel level) and a bit of mac osx

a few things id like to help on:
a) more java on iliad, id like info on what they have on thier
b) content lister
c) syncing... more openess and option - i have a one button support for rsync!
- and other 3rd party content

im sure theres other things too
thetechnobear is offline   Reply With Quote