Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 01:02 AM   #1
BarisTurkkorkmaz
BarisTurkkorkmaz began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Making Urdu - Turkish dictionary

Hello.
I used tab2opf.exe and mobigen.exe programs to produce an Urdu - Turkish dictionary from a database txt file for my Kindle New Touch. Unfortunately, mobigen.exe or tab2opf.exe programs didn't make appropriate process of transcribing letters of Urdu in mobi format dictionary so that mobi format dictionary identifies letters of Urdu in any text. Could you give me a solution for that problem, please?
BarisTurkkorkmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:28 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarisTurkkorkmaz View Post
Hello.
I used tab2opf.exe and mobigen.exe programs to produce an Urdu - Turkish dictionary from a database txt file for my Kindle New Touch. Unfortunately, mobigen.exe or tab2opf.exe programs didn't make appropriate process of transcribing letters of Urdu in mobi format dictionary so that mobi format dictionary identifies letters of Urdu in any text. Could you give me a solution for that problem, please?
Try the following:
  • Open the source file with an editor and save it as a UTF-8 file.
  • Use the -utf8 parameter with tab2opf.exe.
For example:

Code:
tab2opf.exe -utf8 dict.txt
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
BarisTurkkorkmaz

Thanks for your help. I fulfilled that command written above, however I encountered an error message which is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "tab2opf.py", line 209, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '-utf8'
Old 10-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for your help. I fulfilled that command written above, however I encountered an error message which is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "tab2opf.py", line 209, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '-utf8'
I'm sorry, there was a typo in my answer. The correct parameter is -utf not -utf8.

Code:
tab2opf.exe -utf dict.txt
Old 10-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #5
BarisTurkkorkmaz

Thanks for your help. Modified command worked good and mobi format dictionary was produced successfully. Nevertheless, that dictionary doesn't translate any Urdu word to Turkish word in any text on my Kindle e-book reader. Does that problem stem from deficiency of Kindle in Urdu or Arabic languages?

Footnote: In Urdu language Arabic letters are used, and in Turkish language Latin letters are us
Advert
Old 10-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nevertheless, that dictionary doesn't translate any Urdu word to Turkish word in any text on my Kindle e-book reader. Does that problem stem from deficiency of Kindle in Urdu or Arabic languages?
You'll need to change the language codes in the following section of the .opf file:
Code:
<x-metadata>
    <output encoding="utf-8"></output>
    <DictionaryInLanguage>ur</DictionaryInLanguage>
    <DictionaryOutLanguage>tr</DictionaryOutLanguage>
</x-metadata>
Also make sure that the books that you want to use the dictionary with have the same language code as <DictionaryInLanguage>ur</DictionaryInLanguage>.

Note that KindleGen only supports isolated RTL words in Mobi dictionaries. For full RTL support you'd have to generate a KFX dictionary, however KFX dictionaries aren't supported by the Calibre KFX output plugin.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
BarisTurkkorkmaz

Thanks for your help. How do I convert a txt database file to KFX dictionary for getting that dictionary?
Old 10-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the "Kindle Formats" forum, which is the correct place for such discussions. M
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #9
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for your help. How do I convert a txt database file to KFX dictionary for getting that dictionary?
Unfortunately, Amazon hasn't released an official KFX dictionary converter. You're stuck with KindleGen and MOBI dictionaries for the time being.