Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 05:34 AM   #91
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
According to Wikipedia, 47 out of the 50 US states have adopted the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act.
Am I missing something here? The link you give talks about states enforcing the judgements of other US states and territories, not judgements from outside the US. Foreign judgement is a bit confusing, but the article says "A judgment rendered in a "sister" state or a territory of the U.S. is also referred to as a "foreign judgment." I believe that matters having to do with external to the US judgements are handled in Federal court and it depends if the US and the country in question have a treaty dealing with court judgements. I suspect there is a treaty between the US and Germany.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:45 AM   #92
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
Isn't it a little ironic that Project Gutenberg is now unavailable in its namesake's country of oirigin?
There's still www.projekt.gutenberg.de which is not officially connected to the US Project Gutenberg.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2018, 06:12 AM   #93
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
There's still www.projekt.gutenberg.de which is not officially connected to the US Project Gutenberg.
A big difference between the American and the German sites is that the latter doesn't offer books for download. You have to read them on-screen - unless you convert them to epub with this nice online tool:

www.epub2go.eu

And I'm surprised that your url works. I always thought it was http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/ -- weirdly, the sites seem to be identical.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:22 AM   #94
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I got the URL from the court decision doc.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:25 AM   #95
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Oh, right. I remember reading it there and smiling to myself that they hadn't even got that right. Eating humble pie for lunch...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #96
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Oh, right. I remember reading it there and smiling to myself that they hadn't even got that right. Eating humble pie for lunch...
The addresses are both right. One server can have multiple urls associated. If you look up names, it can also list multiple servers to the same URL - they are usually setup as mirrors and internally lookup the same database.

ETA: looking up the names gives both the ipv4 address 176.9.143.250 with the ..spiegel.de being the main.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 03-08-2018 at 08:20 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:09 PM   #97
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
What sequel? If you mean the annotated version, then that one can be published if you own the copyright, but it has a different copyright than the original, obviously.
The English translation was published as The Secret Book or The Second Book. I don't know what triggered the difference in titles.
I don't know what the German title was.

It was an interesting read.

Amber
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote