Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 07:42 AM   #1
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question Kobo Aura 2013 Case Vendors

Hello:

I've been searching for a Kobo Aura 2013 case vendor that delivers to the USA (MIA, FLA).

Would anyone be so kind as to recommend one?

Awaiting your kind reply,

Incanus
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try this...

https://www.amazon.com/HUASIRU-Leath...edition+1+-h2o
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
Incanus
Incanus

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try this...
Thanks for your prompt reply!

That's in fact my current case... but the magnetic closure has broken along the lateral edge and the metallic piece tends to get out; I'm patching with tape, but it's a rather ugly solution.

Are there any other cases that are good for the Aura 2013.

Kind regards,

INCANUS
Old 12-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is the one I have but for the H2O. It works rather well.

https://www.amazon.com/kwmobile-Eleg...B1%2B-h2o&th=1
Old 12-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura One
I know you were asking about a case, but have you thought about a sleeve? I keep my Aura One in a sleeve because I just don't want the extra thickness or weight when I'm holding it. Here's one for $5 that you could try. It's for the Kindle, but the Kobo is shorter so it should fit... albeit a little loose perhaps.

Slip Pouch Case
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Hello:

I've been searching for a Kobo Aura 2013 case vendor that delivers to the USA (MIA, FLA).

Would anyone be so kind as to recommend one?

Awaiting your kind reply,

Incanus
Here's the one I'm using: kwmobile case for the Kobo Aura Edition 1 Design rainbow cubes. I chose the rainbow cubes, though there are other designs available.

I started with the official leather Kobo cover, but I wasn't too crazy about how bulky it was. This cover is much better. The cover folds all the way back. The only downside is that though it uses magnets to close, it is not a sleep cover.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

There is this one that is a sleep cover.

https://www.amazon.com/original-ODYS...ura+sleep+-h2o
Old 12-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is this one that is a sleep cover.

https://www.amazon.com/original-ODYS...ura+sleep+-h2o
To me, that case doesn't look as nice as my current one. It just looks a little bulky to me. I wish I could find the exact case I have, but with magnets for sleep.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #9
Incanus
Incanus

Thank you all for your reply!

Sadly, most case models you've posted have the same design of my current case... which doesn't imply that they will have the same problems, of course.

I'll keep looking; if anyone has another suggestion, please post it here.

Most gratefully yours,

INCANUS

Last edited by Incanus; 12-13-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #10
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Thank you all for your reply!

Sadly, most case models you've posted have the same design of my current case... which doesn't imply that they will have the same problems, of course.

I'll keep looking; if anyone has another suggestion, please post it here.

Most gratefully yours,

INCANUS
Maybe it would help to know what you are looking for in a case. What do you not like about your current case (besides the broken magnet)?
Old 12-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #11
Incanus
Incanus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Maybe it would help to know what you are looking for in a case. What do you not like about your current case (besides the broken magnet)?
What I do like is:
  • Slimness
  • Leather like texture
  • Sleep / Wake function on cover
  • USB Port / SD Card access
  • USB Port / SD Card protection <-- Yet to be found

Where, oh, where to get all that without the broken magnet?

INCANUS

Last edited by Incanus; 12-13-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
What I do like is:
  • Slimness
  • Leather like texture
  • Sleep / Wake function on cover
  • USB Port / SD Card access
  • USB Port / SD Card protection <-- Yet to be found

Where, oh, where to get all that without the broken magnet?

INCANUS
The kwmobile cover I linked to offers two and a half of those. Slimness and USB Port / SD Card access are there. The half is they call their cover synthetic leather. So take that as you will.

At any rate, no sleep/wake and no USB cover.

Did you check the cover the Wolf linked to? It seemed to cover most of your demands.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 12-14-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:02 AM   #13
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
delete

Last edited by Semwize; 12-14-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:50 AM   #14
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I buy all my cases from Gecko.

http://www.geckocovers.com/
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:10 AM   #15
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
I have a spare burgundy coloured leather Gecko cover for the original Aura. But I'm in Europe
I'll take a look into shipping costs if you're interested.

I have been using the same cover (but in brown leather) for my own Aura for years now & my wife has the burgundy one (but we received two by mistake).

It looks more or less like this one, but it's real leather.

http://www.geckocovers.com/deluxe-co...bo-glo-hd.html

Last edited by Dryhte; 12-14-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, case, vendor