Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Any rumors for upcoming Kobo e-Readers?

Hi all,

Anyone hearing anything in the grapevine about upcoming Kobo devices? Maybe a competitor with the Sony DPT-1? (One can hope!)
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The rumors this spring pointed to two models, both of which have launched.

I haven't heard anything about a larger unit.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
Hi all,

Anyone hearing anything in the grapevine about upcoming Kobo devices? Maybe a competitor with the Sony DPT-1? (One can hope!)
a short summary to see where we are ...

Sept 2103 - Kobo Aura - the foundation
Oct 2014 - Kobo Aura H20 - the big waterproof
May 2015 - Glo HD - the sharp voyager
Sept 2015 - Kobo Touch 2.0 - the dark basic

so maybe a refresh of the Aura or the H20 ?
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Our best opportunity for detecting new models is looking at the scripts and strings found in the newest f/w build.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The schedule seems that the new models come out in the northern summer (or earlier), with plenty of time before Christmas.

This year's models have been released, and I wouldn't expect anything to leak until well into 2016.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #6
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
l see that on Kobo.com the Aura is Sold Out. The price differance between the unlighted Touch 2.0 and the Aura was rather small. I wonder if the Aura is done.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:28 AM   #7
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
l see that on Kobo.com the Aura is Sold Out. The price differance between the unlighted Touch 2.0 and the Aura was rather small. I wonder if the Aura is done.
I hope not but it does look that way. I love my Aura and have been hoping for an updated one with an improved screen.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I want an Aura v.2, same size, better screen, water/dust proof. Instant buy! Come on, Kobo!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #9
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I want an Aura v.2, same size, better screen, water/dust proof. Instant buy! Come on, Kobo!
With Nook now coming out with a six inch waterproof reader, I do wonder whether Kobo might do the same. (I'm guessing that Amazon must be scrambling toward waterproofing right now...)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
With Nook now coming out with a six inch waterproof reader, I do wonder whether Kobo might do the same. (I'm guessing that Amazon must be scrambling toward waterproofing right now...)
That's what I am thinking. I would buy either one, though I would prefer a Kobo.

B&N has, in the past, rushed to market to get things out before their competitors come out with the same sort of product (like their lighted Nook) so I am thinking that might be the case, here. Amazon or Kobo could have a waterproof 6" one in production, nearing release, right now.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #11
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
*cough* I wasn't here, I didn't say nuffink *cough*

Aura MiniGlo2O

Another Disclaimer, I am, of course, speaking in jest
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:07 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post

Another Disclaimer, I am, of course, speaking in jest
Tease.

Let the head honchos know, buyers are waiting.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Tease.

Let the head honchos know, buyers are waiting.
I'm asking this for my own personal curiosity, and so it is NOT being asked in any official capacity whatsoever, but what price point would one be willing to purchase the aforementioned MiniGlo (with or without the HD / H2O capabilities).
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

300 ppi Carta touch, lighted, water proof, 6", small like the Aura or Glo HD... I'd pay $139 or $149 US.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #15
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
For some reason one of the things I like best about my Aura is its proportions. There are other small ereaders but they just don't feel the same.

I'd pay at least $149 US for an updated Aura with a better screen, with or without waterproofing.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote