Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #46
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
Is it possible that x/y are swapped?
It is koreader have changed rotation. The KoboLauncher doesn't change the rotation it just draws transformed i.e. rotated image instead.

I guess the problem is that KoboLauncher starts child processes detached. I.e they both koreader and KL run at the same time. If they both will react on touch event trying to update screen, having different (changed by koreader) frame buffer information screen corruption will occur.

I wonder will it help if KoboLauncher will hide its main window when launched application starts?
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #47
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If I make a new bash script "KoboLauncher.sh", don't I have to make it executable with
chmod +x ? I'm not up to speed on scripting inside a dedicated device and I only have a Linux on a CD available at the moment.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-02-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #48
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
Ken: you do not need to chmod +x (is on a vfat and mounted to add +x to all files)

[root@(none) ~]# ls -la /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/
total 108
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4096 Jul 3 02:08 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Jul 3 00:16 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 120 Jul 3 02:58 KoboLauncher.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 429 Jul 2 22:44 KoboLauncher.sh-old

Also as a tip, I start usbnet (which also starts dropbear sshd):

[root@(none) ~]# cat /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh

/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard

[root@(none) ~]# cat /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh
#!/bin/sh

root=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet

insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko

ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.101

$root/dropbear -E -r $root/host.key.rsa -d $root/host.key.dss > $root/dropbear.log 2>&1
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #49
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
What's KoboLauncher process name? I kill nickel before starting koreader, maybe it is sufficient to add a line to kill KoboLauncher and proceed to koreader.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #50
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
to poweroff after this long trag the power buton then trag it back
In the File Manager you can also click on the top row, this is a bit easier to reach than the [x].
A menu opens with the selection "Last documents" and "Exit". Might be easier to close the File Manager through "Exit". it still reboots the device, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbra View Post
Thanks giorgio, this version work with my 2.5.2.
After a quick test I noted five things :
- accented characters doesn't display in epub (not a big deal I won't use koreader for epubs)
- I can't find how to change page inside the FileManager (maybe my fault)
Can't confirm the accented characters problems, my German umlauts show up.
Change page in File Manager is done by swiping to left/right.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #51
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.Markismus is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I _Love_ this thread!!

I just installed koreader on my Aura (, previously enabled telnet and kobolaucher) and ran it using telnet. The kobolaucher script adjustment via sh-old also only displayed an icon. Results:
- It works. Although it seemed to get stuck after a while. I rebooted via telnet.
- I cannot load other pdf's. There is a book icon in the upper left corner, but I cannot reach it: it's too small.

Basically, I hope that I can read pdf's with scanned pages and OCR-text underneath, while having the use of a dictionary (in german philosophical texts it's nice to be able to check wheter you don't understand the word or a thought) and to be able to make notes. Is that realistic?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #52
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
tip: ajust DRCOUNTMAX = 1 in /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/defaults.lua to
have page refresh at each page turn
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #53
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Tested the 2.6.1 version on my Mini.
Now it starts, but after that I get the same result as ewphoenix123 in post 22, so I don't think it is related to the screen resolution.

Looks like this (looks different every time), 2 examples:

Attachment 107557
(Click to enlarge)
Ihave the same problem on Glo with 2.6.1, using KoboLauncher to run Koreader.

If I understood, it's a problem of Koreader when laucher by KoboLauncher.

It's correct?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #54
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Basically, it's a problem of KoboLauncher :P I don't know how it paints the screen but it seems uncorrect since it keeps using it even when it's not doing anything. For the time being (at least until someone ports Tweaks) you have to sacrifice the other programs and place the command to open koreader in KoboLauncher's shell script, so that it does not open its app.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #55
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Maybe someone can create a new PNG file for KOReader and edit the Kobo Launcher installation file so the new PNG points directly to KOReader...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #56
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I did that. It's a dirty hack, but it works.
Just hex-edited Sergey's /usr/bin/launcher binary.

launche2.png goes into /mnt/onboard
koreade-launcher.sh goes into /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/

Note: There has been a problem reported that may be related to the launcher. I personally haven't seen any problems, but handle with care.

In case you see a direct boot into koreader, delete the launche2.png image from /mnt/onboard, and reboot. That should prevent the launcher from starting.

Last edited by xor_; 07-08-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: added warning // removed attachment
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #57
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I don't know how it paints the screen but it seems uncorrect since it keeps using it even when it's not doing anything.
It doesn't paint Qt does If reboot is only way to exit koreader, killing KoboLauncher like you do with nickel is ok.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #58
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
I did that. It's a dirty hack, but it works.
Just hex-edited Sergey's /usr/bin/launcher binary.

launche2.png goes into /mnt/onboard
koreade-launcher.sh goes into /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/
? and the "KoboRoot.tgz\etc - TAR+GZIP archive, unpacked size 7,958 bytes" goes into .kobo? to do an update?

Does the launche2.png go to the same location as the original launcher.png? It looks like that to me, but the earlier directions were to put it in the "root" (which should be the same as " /mnt/onboard" )

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-04-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #59
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
? and the "KoboRoot.tgz\etc - TAR+GZIP archive, unpacked size 7,958 bytes" goes into .kobo? to do an update?
Yes. That file size seems odd, though. The KoboRoot.tgz is 3723 Bytes here.

You can also copy "by hand" if you have a telnet connection.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #60
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
Yes. That file size seems odd, though. The KoboRoot.tgz is 3723 Bytes here.

You can also copy "by hand" if you have a telnet connection.
That is how WinRAR lists the file. I am pretty sure I understand, but I wanted to make it as clear as possible for myself and others who don't really speak "penguin". Thanks very much for this fix, it should make things much easier.

Luck;
Ken