Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-23-2024, 12:20 PM   #1
Andres Prieto
Andres Prieto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'm stuck, please help

Hello fam! I really need help because this is quite complicated for me to understand. I have the Kobo Libra 2, I have many pdfs but when I convert them to epubs they look bad. I also noticed that the Ebook is slow so I saw that the ideal would be kepub files. Now, since I have PDFs, how can I make them read faster and I can modify the font so that it is larger? I saw that KoReader works well for PDFs but would they be slow or do I have to convert them to kepubs and then read them with KoReader? What should I use? KoReader, Kepubs files, K2PDFOPT or a combination of both? Thanks in advance!

Andres
Andres Prieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 12:57 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Don't use kepub (for KOReader, anyway). But that aside I'm not sure if I fully understand the question. Just try the PDF and see if you're happy with it. Why make life prematurely complex?

If you're not happy with the PDF, it's probably best to try K2pdfopt.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2024, 01:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Converting from PDF to ePub is going to be a mess at best and a total disaster otherwise.

Unless you plan on cleaning up the code and A/Bing the PDF to the ePub, don't bother converting. It doesn't work well enough without quite a lot of work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:19 PM   #4
Andres Prieto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Don't use kepub (for KOReader, anyway). But that aside I'm not sure if I fully understand the question. Just try the PDF and see if you're happy with it. Why make life prematurely complex?

If you're not happy with the PDF, it's probably best to try K2pdfopt.
I just want to be able to read well! ha ha. With the pdf it works fine but the font is small and everything is a little slow. So just by being able to modify the source I would be satisfied. So the ideal would be to install KoReader and that's it or like your recomendation K2pdfopt would be better?

Last edited by Andres Prieto; 02-23-2024 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:21 PM   #5
Andres Prieto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Converting from PDF to ePub is going to be a mess at best and a total disaster otherwise.

Unless you plan on cleaning up the code and A/Bing the PDF to the ePub, don't bother converting. It doesn't work well enough without quite a lot of work.
I understand Wolf ! So from what I saw, it would only be installing KoReader to be able to read the PDFs well, being able to modify the font size and things like that for better reading? Could it be that by installing KoReader everything would work faster, even PDFs? Thanks in advance man
Advert
Old 02-23-2024, 02:25 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres Prieto View Post
I understand Wolf ! So from what I saw, it would only be installing KoReader to be able to read the PDFs well, being able to modify the font size and things like that for better reading? Could it be that by installing KoReader everything would work faster, even PDFs? Thanks in advance man
The problem could be that even with removing the margin on a PDF that the screen is still too small.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:28 PM   #7
Andres Prieto

Quote:
The problem could be that even with removing the margin on a PDF that the screen is still too small.
My idea is basically to be able to increase just the font size and I think that would be more than fine. So I install KoReader right or K2pdfopt would be better
Old 02-23-2024, 02:39 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
My idea is basically to be able to increase just the font size and I think that would be more than fine. So I install KoReader right or K2pdfopt would be better
KOReader will allow you to view PDF without viewing the margins. But the problem is the page length. You will get an increase in the font size, but will it be enough?
Old 02-23-2024, 02:44 PM   #9
Andres Prieto

Quote:
KOReader will allow you to view PDF without viewing the margins. But the problem is the page length. You will get an increase in the font size, but will it be enough?
Understand! And what do you recomend me?
Old 02-23-2024, 02:47 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Understand! And what do you recomend me?
I recommend trying KOReader.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:49 PM   #11
Andres Prieto

Quote:
I recommend trying KOReader.
Lovely man, i will try! Thanks
Old 02-23-2024, 03:36 PM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
So does the native reader on Kobo with newer FW versions. Saves the zoom/crop per book.

Sometimes for PDF the only answer is a bigger ereader or a tablet.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote