Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
fx3000se
fx3000se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Syncing between two Kobos

I am a really happy owner of a Kobo Mini. In the evenings though I sometimes appreciated "having light"

Now to my question:
if I bought a Kobo Glo and used the same Kobo account, would/will I be able to "sync" between my Mini and my Glo vice-versa?
E.g.
the day through I am reading book X on my Mini up till page 123, then sync and shut it down.
At home I launch my Glo, snyc.
Will I then be able to open book X and be sent directly to page 123?
fx3000se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
The quick and accurate answer to your question is yes. I say this because I have a Arc & Mini and the syncing works just fine.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
koenieee
Enthusiast
koenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litterkoenieee doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Note: You can only sync books bought from Kobo, not external files (like pdf's, epub's etc).
koenieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
fx3000se
fx3000se began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by koenieee View Post
Note: You can only sync books bought from Kobo, not external files (like pdf's, epub's etc).
what about kepub.epub's?
fx3000se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Those won't work. Syncing is done via Kobo's servers, and those servers don't have any info on your sideloaded books... even the ones turned into kepub.epubs.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert