Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
0.8.2 upgrade still shows 0.8.2 upgrade needed

I just downloaded and ran the 0.8.2 upgrade (from 0.8.1). While I don't get a dialog box offering the upgrade, the message across the bottom of the main Calibre screen continues to show that I have 0.8.1 and need the 0.8.2 upgrade. I even re-ran it and clicked on the Fix button. No problems with Calibre whatsoever up until now; my OS is XPsp3

I'm wondering if the upgrade did occur but just isn't showing as such in the program window?

Last edited by Under the Covers; 05-20-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
I just downloaded and ran the 0.8.2 upgrade (from 0.8.1). While I don't get a dialog box offering the upgrade, the message across the bottom of the main Calibre screen continues to show that I have 0.8.1 and need the 0.8.2 upgrade. I even re-ran it and clicked on the Fix button. No problems with Calibre whatsoever up until now; my OS is XPsp3

I'm wondering if the upgrade did occur but just isn't showing as such in the program window?
Did you shut down Calibre before applying the upgrade?
You might un-install, then do the upgrade again.

Your library remains intact.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you shut down Calibre before applying the upgrade?
You might un-install, then do the upgrade again.
Yup, sure did -- same as always. When I have time, this weekend perhaps, I'll do the uninstall, reinstall -- and the rest, if that doesn't work. Thanks for your response.

Update: I decided to take time out from work and just go ahead and do a quick uninstall/reinstall, hoping I didn't have to go on to wipe out all traces prior to reinstall. My week must be turning around, because that's all it took. (Now back to work.)

Last edited by Under the Covers; 05-20-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Update
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I had the same problem after it went through the full update from 8.1 to 8.2 I restarted Calibre and and it showed that 8.2 was available and I was 8.1. I exited again, ran the update again, and it worked the 2nd time.

Never had a problem in the past.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool same

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewjono View Post
I had the same problem after it went through the full update from 8.1 to 8.2 I restarted Calibre and and it showed that 8.2 was available and I was 8.1. I exited again, ran the update again, and it worked the 2nd time.

Never had a problem in the past.
same oddity here.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert