Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
CrossReach
CrossReach began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Error while TOC parsing.

I am trying to upload a book to PublishDrive. I've never come across this problem until now. It has something to do with the TOC I generated with Word 2016. I think I know what it means, maybe I don't, but I certainly have no idea how to fix it.

The book file is not valid and contains errors. Please check this page for more information: https://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/wiki/Errors.
Common error messages and how to fix them.
Please contact us for help if you need it.

ERROR(RSC-005): EPUB/toc.ncx(50,56): Error while parsing file 'identical playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that do not refer to same target'.
ERROR(RSC-005): EPUB/toc.ncx(56,56): Error while parsing file 'identical playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that do not refer to same target'.
ERROR(RSC-012): EPUB/index_split_002.html(18,86): Fragment identifier is not defined.
ERROR(RSC-012): EPUB/toc.ncx(60,60): Fragment identifier is not defined.
CrossReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
How did you convert the Word document to an ePUB? Something went wrong with the conversion there.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:30 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossReach View Post
It has something to do with the TOC I generated with Word 2016. I think I know what it means, maybe I don't, but I certainly have no idea how to fix it.
Your NCX TOC is broken. Try the following:

1. Open the epub with Calibre E-book Editor or Sigil, re-generate the TOC and check your book with the IDPF validator.

2. If the book still doesn't pass EpubCheck, open it with Calibre E-book Editor, click "Run check" and "Try to correct all fixable errors automatically."

Last edited by Doitsu; 12-22-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #4
maifosz
maifosz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossReach View Post
I am trying to upload a book to PublishDrive. I've never come across this problem until now. It has something to do with the TOC I generated with Word 2016. I think I know what it means, maybe I don't, but I certainly have no idea how to fix it.

The book file is not valid and contains errors. Please check this page for more information: https://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/wiki/Errors.
Common error messages and how to fix them.
Please contact us for help if you need it.

ERROR(RSC-005): EPUB/toc.ncx(50,56): Error while parsing file 'identical playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that do not refer to same target'.
ERROR(RSC-005): EPUB/toc.ncx(56,56): Error while parsing file 'identical playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that do not refer to same target'.
ERROR(RSC-012): EPUB/index_split_002.html(18,86): Fragment identifier is not defined.
ERROR(RSC-012): EPUB/toc.ncx(60,60): Fragment identifier is not defined.
It basically means that the playOrder and navpoint values somehow differ. Most common TOC problems can be solved by simply refreshing the TOC.
If it does not work, open the toc.ncx file and check if your TOC has the same structure:

Code:
  <navMap>
    <navPoint id="navPoint-1" playOrder="1">
      <navLabel>
        <text>Chapter 1</text>
      </navLabel>
      <content src="Text/chapter1.xhtml"/>
    </navPoint>
    <navPoint id="navPoint-2" playOrder="2">
      <navLabel>
        <text>Chapter 2</text>
      </navLabel>
      <content src="Text/chapter2.xhtml"/>
    </navPoint>
  </navMap>
(I work for PublishDrive and solve problems like this as a day job. I can't find your file under the recent uploads but I'd be happy to fix it if you send it over to PD support. It seems a minor issue.)
maifosz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, parsing, table of contents, toc, uploading