Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
lubosb
lubosb began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360 plus new
Special characters in News RSS reader

Hello,

i am playing few days with Pocketbook 360 Plus New but i find problem with news rss settings where i cant put underscore in url (understrike, underbar, low line, underdash or how you called it) its this character _
So my question is, how can i setup for news rss full keyboard layout or where are stored rss setting i can write directly from computer?

Thank you.
lubosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
not sure whether it will solve your problem, but here you can find a utility to modify the keyboard - it was developed for the Pro model, but it may just work on the 360+.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
lubosb

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
not sure whether it will solve your problem, but here you can find a utility to modify the keyboard - it was developed for the Pro model, but it may just work on the 360+.
Thank you for reply, but it won't help, because in pocketnews, there is only EN keyboard, you cant to change it to your own (and it make sense, because IDN url's (those with local characters)... are still unusual).
There is simple missing row with special characters, see attached screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0001.bmp (469.8 KB, 190 views)
Old 10-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't have this application, so I can't test it, but is it possible that the underscore is in the upper case part of the keyboard?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
lubosb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't have this application, so I can't test it, but is it possible that the underscore is in the upper case part of the keyboard?
Right, somewhere up there...

Looking on it again, i think it use different EN keyboard for e.g. text search and different EN keyboard layout for pocketnews (in attachment left pocketnews, right - search in book)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp combined.bmp (938.6 KB, 199 views)
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubosb View Post
Right, somewhere up there...

Looking on it again, i think it use different EN keyboard for e.g. text search and different EN keyboard layout for pocketnews (in attachment left pocketnews, right - search in book)
I mean, click on the key at the lower left to put the keyboard into upper case mode, and see if the underscore is within that new group of keys.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
as an alternative, could you not enter
Code:
_
in place of the underscore?

EDIT: no you can't as you are also missing the percentage sign, unless it is in the part of keyboard revealed by suing capitals, as rkomar suggested.

Last edited by paola; 10-11-2012 at 04:38 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
EDIT: no you can't as you are also missing the percentage sign, unless it is in the part of keyboard revealed by suing capitals, as rkomar suggested.
It is. It's the same URL-specific keyboard that my pbdownload program uses. The shift/caps lock key gets you the underscore, percent and ampersand keys (along with capital letters). I think your percent idea would work, too, but makes less sense when the underscore is also available there.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
lubosb

Thumbs up

Thank you all, SHIFT is the solution...
can't see the shitf for the keyboard