Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
swanson37
swanson37 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thumbs up Leaping Gnome...what a star

I have thanked him privately and now I feel I should thank him publicly for the connect vouchers he has purchased for me...

Thankyou Leaping Gnome, you are indeed a star...

I must dash, I have a load of Terry Pratchett to get through...all I have to do now is find a crowbar to prise the missus away from the reader...

swanson37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson37 View Post
...all I have to do now is find a crowbar to prise the missus away from the reader...

Do what I did.. get her one of her own.

I got the Reader when it was first released. Girlfriend took over my old eBookwise. When the Sony Credit Card deal came out I signed up and got a spare. That became hers. Then she signed up for one and we got another one just to have... in case. (Then my boss did the same and several co-workers.)

BTW... that girlfriend from last year when the Reader came out... she's my wife now so the Readers are all safely in the family.
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
What a guy, married her to keep from losing a Reader.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
fishcube
Connoisseur
fishcube began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
Quote:
I have thanked him privately and now I feel I should thank him publicly for the connect vouchers he has purchased for me...

Thankyou Leaping Gnome, you are indeed a star...

I must dash, I have a load of Terry Pratchett to get through...all I have to do now is find a crowbar to prise the missus away from the reader...

What are these connect vouchers?
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They're basically gift cards for the Connect Store, which are handled electronically. Since they don't require any Credit Card information to use at the ConnStore, folks outside the U.S. are able to use them to by books from the ConnStore. Leaping Gnome has developed quite a following as a small-operation ... purchasing agent for them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
NickMilner
NickMilner began at the beginning.

Another one for the LG fanclub. Without your help I'd have nothing to read on my wonderful e-book. Cheers, mate!
NickMilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
BruceW
Connoisseur
BruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-books

Count me and my loaded reader into LG fanclub. Thanks Leaping Gnome, without you I would never have bought my reader.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMilner View Post
Another one for the LG fanclub. Without your help I'd have nothing to read on my wonderful e-book. Cheers, mate!
Really? (No, I'm NOT trying to diss LG in any way!) Haven't you stumbblked across the excellent SOny book upload forum here, visited the Baen free scifi books site, checked out the humongous collection (10,000+) of Sony-format classic books on DVD from silkpagoda, visited Project Gutenberg, etc., etc., etc.?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #9
NickMilner
NickMilner began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Really? (No, I'm NOT trying to diss LG in any way!) Haven't you stumbblked across the excellent SOny book upload forum here, visited the Baen free scifi books site, checked out the humongous collection (10,000+) of Sony-format classic books on DVD from silkpagoda, visited Project Gutenberg, etc., etc., etc.?
Actually, no. I'll pop by sometime and check those out, but props still to LG.

Nick
NickMilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #10
swanson37
swanson37 began at the beginning.

Can this silkpagoda dvd be shipped internationally?, it states free shipping only on the site which makes me wonder?
Anybody got it shipped from overseas?
swanson37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:06 AM   #11
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
Quote:
Can this silkpagoda dvd be shipped internationally?, it states free shipping only on the site which makes me wonder?
Anybody got it shipped from overseas?

I have the silk pagoda CD, and I'm in the UK - think it cost me about £10 total, not bad for 10,000 books
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote