Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #331
jfcool
jfcool began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
I updated my Kobo Glo (N613) from 2.8.1 to 3.0.0 but i have the same problem that 2.10.0. The brightness returns to 1% as soon as I turn off and I turn on light.

I was hoping that 3.0.0 would fix that but not. I returned to 2.8.1 and I don't have that. I'll stay with it until the day they'll take this problem into consideration because it's not acceptable for me to adjust the brightness every time I turn on the light.

Especially as it flashes in 1% and I have to set it to at least 3% minimum for a stable illumination.
jfcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #332
RabbitWho
RabbitWho began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo ("Globo")
Hi, my kobo upgraded itself to 2.10... from now on I will tell it not to do this.. Anyway here is my problem:

- It deleted all of my notes and hilighting (I use it to study, so this represents a lot of lost work)

I am hoping that they are actually still there somewhere, and the upgrade has just meant the kobo isn't displaying them any more.. I'm hoping there is some simple fix. I emailed kobo Thursday night but it's the weekend so I suppose they won't get back to me till Monday....

Any advice? (should I start a thread?)
RabbitWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #333
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Yesterday I wanted to archive some books on my Aura HD but couldn't find the option anymore. Is "remove from ereader" the same thing? It looked more definitive than "archive" so I wasn't sure what to do.

Sorry if that was already said in the thread but I couldn't find something like that with a quick search.
Yes, "Remove from ereader" is what you want. When you select it, the confirmation prompt will explain that the book will be removed but will be "in the cloud" for later download.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #334
RabbitWho
RabbitWho began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo ("Globo")
Oh wow the annotations are still here, but they don't show up under the book anymore. What a releif that is. I am still going to complain to kobo when they email me back, because people who work in customer service expect the public to be horrible, and I might confuse them if I was friendly and resonable and admited my mistake.
RabbitWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #335
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitWho View Post
Oh wow the annotations are still here, but they don't show up under the book anymore. What a releif that is.
Really? I found it very useful. So much so that I don't like to deal with highlights and annotations on the Mini anymore. Thanks to the details under the book tile I don't have to open a finished book to see if there are things to deal with left.
But I would understand that I may be a minority in that

@davidfor, thanks.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #336
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitWho View Post
Oh wow the annotations are still here, but they don't show up under the book anymore. What a releif that is.
Ah, you meant that the number of notes bookmarks doesn't show under the first reading tile. They were still there for purchased kepubs. The counts have returned for sideloaded books in 3.0.0.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #337
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Well, I finally updated my Kobo from 2.4... I can say this firmware is damn fast. But I do not like the GUI, the old one was simpler, prettier and with a more large text.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #338
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I didn't read through all 23 pages of this thread so this may have been discussed, but has anyone had any problems with the device auto sleeping early?

It doesn't happen all the time, but randomly my Aura HD has been going to "sleep" after about a minute (68 seconds) of idle time instead of the set 15 minutes. Not usually a big problem as when reading fiction I'm generally not idle that long, but I've been reading some non-fiction with photos & maps and having the screen go to sleep on you while looking at those "pages" is a bit annoying. I know I can turn the auto sleep feature off (assuming that will work), but I kind of like having it set at 15 minutes.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #339
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I didn't read through all 23 pages of this thread so this may have been discussed, but has anyone had any problems with the device auto sleeping early?

It doesn't happen all the time, but randomly my Aura HD has been going to "sleep" after about a minute (68 seconds) of idle time instead of the set 15 minutes. Not usually a big problem as when reading fiction I'm generally not idle that long, but I've been reading some non-fiction with photos & maps and having the screen go to sleep on you while looking at those "pages" is a bit annoying. I know I can turn the auto sleep feature off (assuming that will work), but I kind of like having it set at 15 minutes.
Yes this bug is present in 2.10.0 and 3.0.0. It only seems to occur if the device is woken after going to sleep automatically, not if it is woken after being put to sleep with the slider. So one way to avoid it is to set the auto-sleep time to never in the light,sleep,power settings.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote