Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #16
sonicaaaa
sonicaaaa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged_uk View Post
This works OK on a rooted K3 except some of the key bindings don't seem to work, like Vol buttons which makes it a bit difficult without the tab key.
I didn't copy the usbnetwork file across, just the local files executed with /bin/sh /mnt/us/local/bin/qindle.sh
Haven't tried an epub but the viewer was good for a pdf.
Now to get the keys remapped :-)
G

Hi Ged, i launched qindle as you suggested and i find it an interesting piece of sw but as you pointed, there is almost no support for keys.

Have you already done any remapping that you'd like to share?

thanks in advance

sonicaaaa
sonicaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #17
Ged_uk
Enthusiast
Ged_uk began at the beginning.

Device: K3-3G, HTC HD2
I was hoping there was a config file with key mappings but I couldn't find anything that straight forward, unfortunately I expect it would need some changes in the source and recompiling.
G
Ged_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #18
Zerodime
Enthusiast
Zerodime began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mubertmumphrey View Post
I am very excited to try this out!

And here I was thinking we'd need to reverse-engineer the display API. Am I misunderstanding, or does this Qt conversion mean we can already output to the display? If so, then holy crap, let's make a replacement for the standard Home dashboard right away so we can easily access homebrew apps.

Does anyone know of any existing open-source dashboard apps for embedded devices, especially anything using Qt?
Well as this demonstrates you just need to write a Linux-program.
(The Kindle uses Linux as its base OS so you write a linux program that uses the display (which might be shown in the qindle source) and you have yourself a new 'something')
Zerodime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chm, djvu, epub, qindle, qt port