Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: Pick your favorite MobileRead logo entries.
Full 48 19.59%
Full 4 1.63%
Full 27 11.02%
Full 21 8.57%
Full 22 8.98%
Full 32 13.06%
Full 9 3.67%
Full 4 1.63%
Full 14 5.71%
Full 20 8.16%
Full 6 2.45%
Full 14 5.71%
Full 45 18.37%
Full 66 26.94%
Full 13 5.31%
Full 67 27.35%
Full 4 1.63%
Full 6 2.45%
Full 12 4.90%
Full 42 17.14%
Full 17 6.94%
Full 20 8.16%
Full 23 9.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #76
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I see your points that the submission didn't meet the guidelines. But I was more interested in people's impression of it as a concept - one that could have been developed into a suitable submission. As a concept, I thought it was perfect. And I'm just wondering if anyone else saw it that way. If not, okay, I'll chock it up to being a little strange - again.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #77
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I see your points that the submission didn't meet the guidelines. But I was more interested in people's impression of it as a concept - one that could have been developed into a suitable submission. As a concept, I thought it was perfect. And I'm just wondering if anyone else saw it that way. If not, okay, I'll chock it up to being a little strange - again.
Marginalised I'd say!
Advert
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #78
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
MobileRead is a privately funded and maintained community. Its a great sandbox, and I'm glad that its open to the public. But lets not confuse open to the public with democratic free for all.

My favorite is not winning, my submission is not winning... SO WHAT!?! There were a lot of good submissions, a lot of so so submission, a lot of good ideas, and plenty of ideas that were so bad that they never got submitted. Look at all the options right now, and compare them to the cellular thumb that we have now. I think this is a huge step forward.

As for marginalized, I'm glad we didn't have 200+ things to vote for, and am again grateful for all the work and energy that the moderators put into this contest. Without a little executive leadership this would be just like every other forum on the internet... spam polluted, swarmed by flame wars, and just generally useless. Were lucky the mods didn't just sidestep this whole mess and pay 400$ to get a logo made professionally, and not have to deal with all of this.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:52 AM   #79
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Are you familiar with Engadget? These "wireless waves" in Logo #1 look like a copy.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #80
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow View Post
Are you familiar with Engadget? These "wireless waves" in Logo #1 look like a copy.
You're right. I don't spend a lot of time there and it never hit me until you mentioned it. Very close.
Advert
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #81
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very perceptive of you doctorow.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #82
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

That wave on the first logo also looks like the RSS logo.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #83
nnancy
nnancy began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I voted for …logo with the "o" in the robot-device wheel. Sharp, simple and to the point!

logo projects mobility, promptness and assertiveness!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #84
nnancy
nnancy began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Question when is the voting end date?

what is the voting end date?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #85
Mycropht
Optimist
Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Interesting (drastic!) change of the results in less than a day made me think that the contest could be compromised. I believe that the votes of the members who joined this month should be disregarded for a simple reason that they could be friends or relatives of the nominees.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #86
Mycropht
Optimist
Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Conspiracy Theory

Actually, the three leading designs are all by 'renderstudio'. Now it looks like someone is trying to discredit 'renderstudio' as it is hard to beleive that anyone is stupid enough to push three own designs instead of only one.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #87
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
We'll be taking care of this. Thanks for the hint, Mycropht.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #88
Barry_Tikkanen
Barry_Tikkanen began at the beginning.

Device: Visor Edge and Nokia n770 internet tablet
Regarding entry #1

The intention of the wireless waves was actually to depict pages becoming wireless waves, as well as the rss logo. The dot in the binding of the book is meant to be reminiscent of the rss logo also. Just as the floating page is shown as a transition from paper to transmission. It is unfortunate that engadget's "e" logo uses similar elements, but I assumed that they had the same origin piece in mind when creating the engadget logo.
Closed Thread