Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Request for future spellcheck

I had to take my epub over into Sigil since the editor doesn't have a spellcheck yet.

The implementation of spellcheck in Sigil is pretty good, but it does have an aggravating flaw.

Sometimes it suggests a word, fine. But I want the letter in front of it capitalized. I fix it, when I tell it to save, it changes it back to a small letter again.

Per se, it is not a calibre problem, but it is possible you may use the same libraries and so on in implementing it. The point is, I would ask that it be possible to turn off suggestions, so that this sort of thing can't happen in the calibre editor's spellcheck whenever it becomes available.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
An improve over Sigil's Spell check thread

The hints-suggestions were not always most helpful or complete (context wise):

Broken (up) words like: con fined or con-fined

It would be of more help if the hints tried to make a valid word by combining the word from the left or right . It is not unusual for either of those to be a valid word on their own
Mangled word: (so bad, no reasonable suggestion possible)
Just append the original to the end of the suggestion list so that it can be edited in the replace with box
Case cleaning: words with garbage case
Standard change case options
Rogue OCR (punctuation) characters:
slash instead of I
m instead of r n
instead of apostrophe character

Have a session sticky setting for default quoting to flag wrong character detected: eg case curly quote open, straight close

Kovid, this is just a blue sky list. We will use what we get
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert