Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quick Switch cleanup

I have several libraries, all of which I'm trying to clean up and rename.

How do I remove old and/or unwanted entries in the Library "Quick switch" drop-down? Renaming them still results in the previous names appearing.

Thank you.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
I have several libraries, all of which I'm trying to clean up and rename.

How do I remove old and/or unwanted entries in the Library "Quick switch" drop-down? Renaming them still results in the previous names appearing.

Thank you.
Delete Library
This only deletes the Entry. It will instruct you to use the OS if you want to remove the files AFTER doing this
I believe Rename will update the entry, but you can always just re-link (create/Switch: Use existing)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Delete Library
This only deletes the Entry. It will instruct you to use the OS if you want to remove the files AFTER doing this
I believe Rename will update the entry, but you can always just re-link (create/Switch: Use existing)
Not sure we're on the same page. :
I've had no problems linking and opening the libraries in the new locations. My issue is with removing the obsolete/dead/unwanted entries in the Quick Switch dropdown (which is a MRU list). Aside from the valid links, there's a bunch of redundant ones I'd like to purge.

Pic attached.

Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Switch cleanup.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	171487  
Old 05-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Not sure we're on the same page. :
I've had no problems linking and opening the libraries in the new locations. My issue is with removing the obsolete/dead/unwanted entries in the Quick Switch dropdown (which is a MRU list). Aside from the valid links, there's a bunch of redundant ones I'd like to purge.

Pic attached.

Thanks again
Then use Remove Library, That gets rid of the link on the list
(you can only remove those that are not in use (current view) )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Then use Remove Library, That gets rid of the link on the list
(you can only remove those that are not in use (current view) )
Well colour me embarrassed.
Thank you, friend, for a fix that I should've clued in to in the first place.

Cheers!
Old 05-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #6
Bookstooge
Bookstooge doesn't litterBookstooge doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Well colour me embarrassed.
Thank you, friend, for a fix that I should've clued in to in the first place.

Cheers!
Don't be embarrassed. I didn't use this option at first because I thought it would delete the actual library. I was scared :-)
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Don't be embarrassed. I didn't use this option at first because I thought it would delete the actual library. I was scared :-)
If in doubt just make sure you have an up to date backup, this subforum has threads on that subject. And read the calibre user manual. see ==>> The Graphical User Interface — Library

Quote:
4. Delete library: Allows you to unregister a library from calibre.
@Kovid - that should be Remove library

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Kovid - that should be Remove library

BR
I chose that language deliberately to make it clear that the library will not be deleted.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:21 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Kovid - I was questioning the 'Delete', not the 'unregister', the menu has 'Remove' library as does the preceding paragraph

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-05-18 121230.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	171490 Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-05-18 121643.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	171491

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:31 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah ok, changed., thanks.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote