Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 05:01 AM   #1
desk7
Zealot
desk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Sheet music on Onyx Boox Max 2

Is there anyone that uses Onyx Boox Max 2 for sheet music? What is your experience?
I'd like to know if mobilesheets (https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/) is usable or not on Max 2 (is turning page fast? is scribbling fast?)
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
DenisR
Enthusiast
DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.DenisR has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Hello,

I use my Max2 mainly for music and epub reading.
For epub, Librera is my choice, with FB Reader (out of topic, yes )

For music, I chose Xodo :
- you can add annotations either directly with the pen (once activated somewhere in Xodo Settings) or by using the drawing options (line, text, box, ...), and then fingers are used for navigation, zoom, ...
- you can read music in a continuous way, scrolling up / down the score. This is very useful with most scores.
- the modified file after annotation (and closing the file) is kept as a replacement of the initial file. This is what I prefer. Onyx NeoReader does not work that way.
- I use Calibre on my PC to manage the scores, and I export them to the Max2 using some Calibre features to have a file tree like /Music/{compositor}/{music title}

Hope it helps

Denis
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #3
desk7
Zealot
desk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toys

Thank you Denis for sharing your experience.

Meanwhile, I discovered that there is a version of MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices:
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...read-5285.html
Slowly downloading the demo video...
Old 05-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
desk7
Zealot

Any Onyx Boox Max 2 owner who is interested in MobileSheets could try the version for e-ink device here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

Any thought is well accepted
Old 05-13-2019, 02:04 AM   #5
tomul
tomul began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am using MobileSheetsPro since years on my various Android-Tablets. It's just the best sheet-music-app! Some weeks ago I tried several apps on an iPadPro. But they are not as half as good...

Try out the e-ink version of Mobilesheetspro! It's surprising fast in making annotations and its b/w-layout will ease your eyepain... :-)

Great work at Zubersoft!

Last edited by tomul; 05-13-2019 at 02:06 AM.
tomul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #6
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Can just confirm. I have been in contact with Mike from Zubersoft, the app works fine and as tomul says, meets all my requirements - especially in conjunction with a screen rotation app, so that you with two taps can switch between one-page vertical portrait layout and two-page horizontal landscape layout.
It's organisational and database functions are phenomenal, and again as tomul writes, the e-ink version is just as quick with annotating as the stock note app.

A real recommendation and worth way more than the price.
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:19 AM   #7
desk7
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjee View Post
Can just confirm. I have been in contact with Mike from Zubersoft, the app works fine and as tomul says, meets all my requirements - especially in conjunction with a screen rotation app, so that you with two taps can switch between one-page vertical portrait layout and two-page horizontal landscape layout.
It's organisational and database functions are phenomenal, and again as tomul writes, the e-ink version is just as quick with annotating as the stock note app.

A real recommendation and worth way more than the price.
Thank you for your review!
Do you own an Onyx boox Max 2 or Max 2 Pro?
Old 05-14-2019, 07:28 AM   #8
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I have a Max 2 (without pro).
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:38 AM   #9
johey
johey began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Max2 Pro and M92
I didn’t know of the eink version of MobileSheet. I will be happy to try it out. If it works for me I’ll buy it. Using the stock pdf reader with all it’s shortcomings, but it works pretty well.
johey is offline   Reply With Quote