Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
sladflob
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
display: none not working in ePub CSS

I have a book that contains a number of <hr class="transition"/> elements. When I read the book using KOReader on my Kobo this results in a long horizontal line which annoys me. I can get rid of the problem by removing all the <hr../> elements, but I thought a "better" way would be to use "display: none" in the book's stylesheet.

The stylesheet already contains a block for .transition so I figured that inserting "display: none;" at the top of that block would do what I want, but for some reason this does nothing. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on what's going on. Like I said, I know I can fix it by deleting the tags but I'd like to learn a bit more about ePubs by changing the CSS.

Thanks.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
I have a book that contains a number of <hr class="transition"/> elements. When I read the book using KOReader on my Kobo this results in a long horizontal line which annoys me. I can get rid of the problem by removing all the <hr../> elements, but I thought a "better" way would be to use "display: none" in the book's stylesheet.

The stylesheet already contains a block for .transition so I figured that inserting "display: none;" at the top of that block would do what I want, but for some reason this does nothing. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on what's going on. Like I said, I know I can fix it by deleting the tags but I'd like to learn a bit more about ePubs by changing the CSS.

Thanks.
Try inserting "display: none;" at the end of the class ".transition". That because if you add that line at the beginning, it could be possible that some lines after, inside the .transition class, is something like "display: block;" that would overwrite what you wrote at the starting. So, write the property "display: none;" AT THE END.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone X/6/iPad 1,2 & Air/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
^^^ What RbnJrg said...

The LAST style processed has priority unless the style has higher 'specificity'.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #4
sladflob
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Try inserting "display: none;" at the end of the class ".transition".
Worked perfectly. Thanks!
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote