Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Using Adb

I have a rooted Nook. I finally got it to connect to my home network after I remembered I had Mac filtering enable on the router. I have tried to adb to the nook but it returns a device not found error.I have tried connecting to the device by using adb connect The IP address of my nook:5555 but it will not connect any idea what I am doing wrong. I use adb all the time with my Android phone and never have any problems.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Do you have the latest sdk version? I know older versions expected to connect over USB and wouldn't handle wi-fi well. That solved my connection problems. Another thing I had to make certain of was that my nook maintained its connection. The default timeout was problematic.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yea I had an older version but installed the r4 and still get error device not found. I have the wifi lock turned on also. It just refuses to connect. This makes it so I can't update any of the apps. I can't modify the data settings so I can't install any apps.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
madmak
madmak began at the beginning.

Device: nook
This may sound lame - but restart the following one by one and try (it worked for me)

restart the nook

restart the computer

restart the router
madmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
IMHO on some routers you can disable peer to peer wifi communications. Maybe that's the cause of your problems.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
rdfry
loving the books

I finally got connected to the Nook. I had to use my other computer. I finally realized that my laptop is having lan problems and cannot access any of my other computers.