Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
DaveNB
Connoisseur
DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770 (FBReader)
Another 10 free classic eBooks from Sony

I was just at the Sony Style Store today checking out the new 700 and comparing it to the 505.

They were passing out coupons with a promotional code for 10 free Classic titles.

Here's the promo code: 10SONYCLASSICS

Yeah, I know these books are likely also found for free on Project Gutenberg and other similar sites, however, free is free...

BTW, the 700 was nice and quite responsive, but there is still a little of a flash on screen refreshes and the integrated light /touch screen on the eInk display does cause the text to be a bit fuzzier than on the 505 and the contrast level is much better on the 505. The 700's screen isn't terrible, it's just somewhere between the original 500 and the 505.

I guess it's a tradeoff you have to accept to get the integrated light and touch screen.

Dave
DaveNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If you used that code earlier, you can't use it again. Sorry, but I just tried. NO GO!

No soup for you!!!

NEXT!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I took my son over Borders this weekend and they had a Sony Reader pusher walking around and giving out those coupons.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote