Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
sargatanas
sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Smile The Hammer, a horror/crime novel

Hi, everyone.
This is Josh. I've just gotten into this self-publishing stuff and I'm still pretty green all around, especially as a writer. After messing about for far too long, I finally decided to get something going and get it out there.
The Hammer is my first novel, but certainly will not be my last.
Thanks very much, and happy reading to you all.

I'm in the Kindle Store here:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hammer-ebo...rds=The+Hammer

Last edited by sargatanas; 04-09-2013 at 07:05 PM.
sargatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Congrats on your 1st !

I`ll just toss in the description of what `The Hammer`is about.

Description: The Killer. The Cop. The Girlfriend. The Hammer.
Homicide Detective John Hansen battles the horrors that people so callously inflict on one another, as well as his own crumbling sanity. Into his maddening isolation comes Redd, an ER doctor, who sees past John's demons and gives him the hope he desperately needs.
There is a murderer in the city, bent on sanctifying and cleansing the sinners he is surrounded by. Preying on prostitutes, the heights of his depravity evolve into something beyond a means to salvation.
A sledgehammer wielding assassin reverberates through the hollow, souless streets, bringing vengeance to those incapable of finding retribution for themselves.
Can John stop them and save his sanity in the process? Or will he be lost in the vortex of his own madness?
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
sargatanas
sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sargatanas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, Mr Nihilism. I don't know why I didn't post the description myself, so thanks for helping me out. If you have any work available I'd be interested to know where I can find it.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Just looking at the preview, there are no quotations....is that a stylistic choice?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
sargatanas

Yes, it is. I'm not sure it worked, but I didn't want to break up the narrative with quotations to signify dialogue. The idea is that the narrator is telling himself the story as it happens. If that makes sense.

Tags
debut novel, hammer, josh