Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
woodnboats
Edge User

Unhappy My new Red Baby is here, but....

I logged into the website to my account in an attempt to upgrade to Ermine, but I didn't see any red link to upgrade. I know it's me, but can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong.

I'm too excited to think!!

Thanks,

Kirk

Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
goodspeech
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnboats View Post
I logged into the website to my account in an attempt to upgrade to Ermine, but I didn't see any red link to upgrade. I know it's me, but can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong.

I'm too excited to think!!

Thanks,

Kirk
Hmm...you may want to do a search in the forums. I know that a thread was created. When it first came out it was on the dash board screen after you logged in.
I'm relatively new to the PE myself so my help is limited.

Last edited by goodspeech; 05-11-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
woodnboats
Edge User

Got it. For some reason I have two accounts at the store, similar but with slightly different passwords.

Now to play with it and see what it will do. Already slightly disappointed that Graffiti for Android doesn't work on resistive screens. Oh, well. Seems strange since it worked for so many years on old Palms.

Kirk

Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
5thWiggle
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnboats View Post
Already slightly disappointed that Graffiti for Android doesn't work on resistive screens. Oh, well. Seems strange since it worked for so many years on old Palms.
I've been running Graffiti for almost a month now (older version) and it works fine. What version are you attempting to run?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
janhall_us
Edge User

I know that Graffiti is a little different, but DioPen works well for handwriting recognition on the eDGe.

Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
woodnboats
Edge User

I have ver 1.0.2 on my PE, but the one on my 'Droid is 2.0.6. I'll try changing to 2.0.6 on the PE and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
woodnboats
Edge User

OK, I upgraded to the current version (2.0.7) from the Amazon Store, and it seems to help.

But mostly I think I am having to retrain my fingers for the slower somewhat clunkier resistive screen from the capacitative one on my 'Droid.

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
5thWiggle
Edge User

I pretty much use the stylus on both screens. A hold over from the Palm days, I guess. I even tend to use a stylus on my Ipod because I have heavily callused fingers and capacitive screens don't always register my taps.