Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
They Didn't get my Hanlin

Got home yesterday after a day volunteering at the Embroiderers Guild and shopping to find the house a wreck and over A$10,000 worth of stuff missing. Mostly small electronics. e.g. 2 small laptops, digital SLR, one of my iPAQs and my husbands golf gps.
But they didn't get my phones, my best iPAQ, my Creative mp3 player or my Hanlin as I had them with me.
They also took my dressmaking scissors, 2 pairs of haircutting scissors and 2 manicure sets. Well groomed thieves?
I feel sick and violated and annoyed at what I've lost but they missed my best laptop - I suspect they kicked out the power cable and the battery doesn't work. So I can still come here, and read all my books.
They found the box the Hanlin came in and opened it and threw it down so I think they would have taken it if it had been here.
I've been salivating over the new cute little Sony Vaio - so much more style than my eeepc. Guess this is my excuse to go for it.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Oh no. I am so very sorry. They have not only stolen your things, they have also invaded your home and your privacy. What did the police say? Will your insurance cover everything?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Oh Laine! What a horrible experience!

Even if you're well insured, its such a violation. I'm glad your little HanLin is safe, though.

My daughter has a new Sony Vaio and she loves it!

Hope to see you (and your HanLin) in Melbourne for our meetup next month.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
At least you've got your most priced processing still: your ebook reader! (ok, there may be other things more valuable...)

Stuff isn't that important, but as Curly said, they invaded your privacy. Personally, I think I wouldn't care too much about the stuff that was stolen (unless it was my ebook reader and maybe one or two other things), but rather the fact that a stranger entered my home, without my authorization, and put his hands on my stuff...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
No we're not claiming insurance or bothering with police.

What was good was the fact that one of our cats was missing when we got home and we thought she might have run away - she's an indoor cat. But it turns out she'd hidden behind the settee. She was VERY spooked all evening but seems O.K. now. Losing her would have upset me more than any non-living item.

Yes, still planning to go to Melbourne.

Last edited by Laine; 05-13-2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: addition
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
Got home yesterday after a day volunteering at the Embroiderers Guild and shopping to find the house a wreck and over A$10,000 worth of stuff missing.
Well, that just sucks, Laine. I hope your insurance covers everything, but of course that won't help the emotional anxiety any. Glad to hear your kitty hadn't done a runner though.

Quote:
I've been salivating over the new cute little Sony Vaio - so much more style than my eeepc. Guess this is my excuse to go for it.
Well, that's looking on the bright side, I suppose. I'm not a Sony fan, but by the gods that Sony Vaio P is a tempting little sweet.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
At least you and your family are safe, including the most important one ..... the kitty of course ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
That's awful We got robbed years ago and even though they didn't take much, it felt pretty violating. I recommend a good security system, just so you can sleep better at night.

Scissors though? Really, who would steal scissors?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Why ever not, if you'll forgive me for asking?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
At least you've got your most priced processing still: your ebook reader! (ok, there may be other things more valuable...)

Stuff isn't that important, but as Curly said, they invaded your privacy. Personally, I think I wouldn't care too much about the stuff that was stolen (unless it was my ebook reader and maybe one or two other things), but rather the fact that a stranger entered my home, without my authorization, and put his hands on my stuff...
i'm so sorry laine, i would be so upset if strangers broke into my home ! i'm glad that everyone is safe and the kitty didn't run away (and that they didn't get your hanlin). i hope you can quickly forget about this experience !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Its a horrendous sense of violation to come home to that, and I'm so sorry to hear it happened to you.

But with 10,000 worth of stuff gone, why ever are you not claiming insurance or filing a report?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #12
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
oh my gosh how horrible! but seriously why not at least the police? I can understand not wanting to make an insurance claim.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #13
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Laine my sympathies. This happened to me once. Had just moved into a town house in Hawaii and came home to find the place ransacked and cameras, stereo and other valuables missing.

I called the police and an investigator showed up, threw a little fingerprint powder around and told me it was unlikely they'd ever catch the creep. And they never did. In fact, the officer told me that, unless they happened to find my stuff as part of a raid for something a lot more important, I'd never see it again. He recommended I hang out at local flea markets. Nothing ever did turn up. I did however collect insurance.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
How awful! And I'm such a worrier - I'd be concerned about someone coming back for my new replacements, too. (Had a friend who had his car battery stolen three times in three days - the thief kept returning for his replacement battery!)

I was home late one Friday when a man kicked in my door (he grabbed my purse and ran). That was three years ago, and to this day, if anyone knocks - justs knocks - on my door, the cat runs into the bedroom. I hope your kitty gets over the shock more quickly than mine...poor baby.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote