Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Strachey, Lytton: Elizabeth and Essex. V1. 5 Oct 2012

Elizabeth and Essex (A Tragic History)
by Lytton Strachey (1928)

Giles Lytton Strachey (1 March 1880 – 21 January 1932) was a British writer and critic. A founding member of the Bloomsbury Group and author of Eminent Victorians, he is best known for establishing a new form of biography in which psychological insight and sympathy are combined with irreverence and wit.

Summary:
One of the most famous and baffling romances in history—between Elizabeth I, Queen of England and Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex—began in May of 1587, when she was fifty-three and he was just shy of twenty. Their relationship continued until 1601, when the Earl of Essex was beheaded for treason. In a succession of brilliant scenes, Strachey portrays the Queen's and the Earl's compelling attraction for one another, their impassioned disagreements, and their mutual contest for power, which led to a final, tragic confrontation.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Elizabeth and Essex - Lytton Strachy.mobi (441.8 KB, 425 views)
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Thanks tons, George!

What's next -- Eminent Victorians?
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I'll retract my previous comments in this message. It seems Eminent Victorians is already available in the library here so it would be pointless for me to redo the fine work of the other uploader(s).

Last edited by GeorgeH; 10-05-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I understand completely if you'd prefer to focus on books that haven't been uploaded by anyone. Thanks again for Elizabeth, and my apologies for bringing the second book up.

Eminent Victorians didn't show up in my search because it wasn't formatted for ePub.

About that: Correct me if I'm wrung (wring, wring!), but since the other version of E.V. was created long ago by Strether and wasn't uploaded in ePub format -- only PRC (mobi) and LRF -- it wouldn't be remiss of someone else to revisit the project if they liked, would it?

Now that I know your feelings, though, I'll check the entire library in every format before suggesting another book. Off I go to hunt down Six Analytical Studies as translated by Lytton S. (as you probably know, the prose is often compared to that of Woolf's later book, To the Lighthouse).

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-09-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
GeorgeH
Addict

Quote:
Eminent Victorians didn't show up in my search because it wasn't formatted for ePub.
If a book isn't in a specific format in the library then I'm pretty sure it's permissible to upload it since some members prefer not to play around with conversion software.

That being said I'll upload an epub version tomorrow. There are some minor table issues I've still to resolve but it's certainly doable.

Thanks for pointing out that we didn't have it here!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
GeorgeH
Addict

Quote:
I've uploaded the epub version here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193383

Enjoy
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Thanks so much!