Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Just received my PRS-300!

I just received my refurbished PRS-300 (actually it's for my wife, but I'm setting it up). It was a no-hassle set-up.
I plugged it into the USB port (will be buying a PSP charger soon though), it charged within about 45 minutes (USB connected screen came up). Plugged it into Calibre, uploaded some books from MR and we're away. All up it took me 1.5 hours to set it up, ready to read!
She is very, very happy!

BTW: Regarding the Daily Reader light cover I bought - I did not realise the cover is back-less , it it just the front bit with the battery/light compartment which clips into the side of the device. I have ordered the original cover together with some Boogie Board writing pads for my kids
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Congrats on the reader! The 300 is a great little reader and I'm sure she enjoy it. My wife also has one and takes it everywhere.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Congrats on the reader! The 300 is a great little reader and I'm sure she enjoy it. My wife also has one and takes it everywhere.
Thanks! It's a real beaut! She loves the colour as well (pink). Now that I've found some of her favourite Bryce Courtnay novels, she'll be even happier .
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
My wife has the pink as well, yes she loves it. She also has the regular Sony cover for it, and covers for it from http://www.etsy.com/shop/annesaddictions .
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote