Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 06:27 AM   #1
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOBO Libra + H2Ov2 + Aura2
Auto generate thumbnails in EBOOK Home folder, including subs

Hello,

Is there a way to scan the full EBOOK Home folder, including subsfolders, once for all to generate thumbnails, without browsing page in file browser ?

With a large ebook library, it can be very long to generate covers, and browsing into folders.

One way would be a script, with% progress that would indicate device was not frozen

Thanks

Last edited by gilali; 03-05-2018 at 08:27 AM.
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If I understand your question, doing what is needed to display the page you are opening, as you open it, is a much more survivable process than waiting for a large library to be processed -and- you would need to store/database the images and metadata. (That is if you want the pages to generate quicker.)

If you are saying that it is taking a long time to generate the "Display mode" you have selected for the file browser pages, you could use a simpler one. I use the "Classic" mode in the Browser (with the series attached to the title) and I use "Detailed list with cover images and file names" for "History display mode". (You can set it to "Start with History", if you want.)

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-05-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Thanks for reply
Sorry, I may have misspoke

I prefer :
"waiting for a large library to be processed -and- I would need to store/database the images and metadata. (because i want the pages to generate quicker.)" It may takes longer but only just once, without any intervention. (It's that i'm asking for, if possible)

Than
Browsing into each folders and subfolders, waiting the page be processed, changing each pages, and repeat into another subfolders, as long as library is large. (Also, if i decided to change Ebook tree by moving or renaming folders (or full reinstall), i have to redo this entire ritual.)

Regards,

Last edited by gilali; 03-05-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:50 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilali View Post
Is there a way to scan the full EBOOK Home folder, including subsfolders, once for all to generate thumbnails, without browsing page in file browser ?
@poire-z thought it sounded good

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3750
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
gilali
Connoisseur

Successfully tested on v2015.11-1573-g0a4fb89_2018-03-15

What a script !
More than the poor command line I imagined, this is a new feature fully included in the GUI.
And its integration is very well thought
Thank you a lot guys
Advert