Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 12:56 PM   #16
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Who wants to try out the experimental support 160dpi (two shelves) for Gonyx, we need:
1. Download file: 160dpi.rar
2. Unzip
3. Contents to copy in \System\ (the System section) as is with replacement, with odex file do not touch (do not delete!)
4. If after copying bug jumped on the screen - do not pay attention to her, that's fine. Reload the book.
5. After reboot set the DPI value to 160 and reboot. You can change the DPI in the range of 160 to 240.

Original files before copying to System partition can be copied to PC, so that you could revert.

Requirement: Any book stitched firmware Gonyx v1.7.3

Last edited by FOV; 10-31-2015 at 08:05 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:10 AM   #17
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
DPI-Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Who wants to try out the experimental support 160dpi (two shelves) for Gonyx, ....
Just tried it out with the version from the Russian forum. This is working great and for me it is a great feature. Got it running without any problems.
Thanks!!
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #18
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Thanks FOV, this is perfect. Just FYI, I needed to exchange values for Keys 104 and 109 in rk29-keypad.kl for the hard keys on my device (Energy Sistem Pro+) to work as supposed to, but the Gonyx ROM with the 160DPI app works really well !!!!

K to you !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #19
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I'm interested in trying FOV's ROM on my Boyue T62+ (D). I currently have the Onyx Boox C67ML ROM (1.7.2) running on my device. I am very pleased with it, but this would be a way to upgrade to 1.7.3. Is there anything different I need to do? Would I need to go back to Boyue firmware first? I ask this because I tried downloading the package and placing the update.img first in internal storage, and then on my microSD card. No pop-up came up in either case alerting me that an update was available. Nothing happened!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #20
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@downeaster:
I was confused too. As FOV explained update via update.img is only possible from FOVs Gonyx version 172. You have to flash the other package (not the update one) via RKBatchtool. I lost all my settings and installed apps but it was easy to get them back with Titanium Backup.
The firmware version I use for T62C has switched the foreward and backward keys as aceflor has noticed too. I don't mind that. Otherwise the device is running very stable and batterylife seems to be good too.
Advert
Old 11-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #21
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
@downeaster:
I was confused too. As FOV explained update via update.img is only possible from FOVs Gonyx version 172. You have to flash the other package (not the update one) via RKBatchtool. I lost all my settings and installed apps but it was easy to get them back with Titanium Backup.
The firmware version I use for T62C has switched the foreward and backward keys as aceflor has noticed too. I don't mind that. Otherwise the device is running very stable and batterylife seems to be good too.
Thanks for the clarification. Since I have never been able to get RKBatchTool to work on my Windows device, this won't work for me. But I have a pretty good setup and great battery life as it is - and we're still talking the same version of Android. So, I'm good as I am.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #22
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Since I have never been able to get RKBatchTool to work on my Windows device, this won't work for me. But I have a pretty good setup and great battery life as it is - and we're still talking the same version of Android. So, I'm good as I am.
I have an collection of files to unpack/pack update.img files with which I was able to unpack FOVs for recovery update.img. Found this tools somewhere here at the forum.

AFPTool.exe
Pack.cmd
RKImageMaker.exe
UnPack.cmd

After unpacking I got out of the update.img:

boot.img
kernel.img
misc.img
recovery.img
system.img

separate.
With the tools mentioned at RK3026 E-Readers Kitchen thread one could burn the images one after another with ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #23
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, "ROM Cooking" was needed as I could not install FOV's version on my Energy Sistem Pro+ without making some changes.

What I did :
1. Unpacked FOV's Image with RKwinTools_v135 (Google it)
2. Kept the system.img file
3. used RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows (from the ROM Kitchen thread) to flash it on my device
4. The keys direction are exchanged in FOV's version and it did bother me, so I went to /system/usr/keylayout/rk29-keypad.kl, and edited it (just switched the values between keys 104 and 109) with ES Explorer.
5. And to finish it installed 160 DPI and set 160 as value (without it 212 is the minimum).

Et voilà !
Old 11-05-2015, 01:55 AM   #24
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Yes, "ROM Cooking" was needed as I could not install FOV's version on my Energy Sistem Pro+ without making some changes.

What I did :
1. Unpacked FOV's Image with RKwinTools_v135 (Google it)
2. Kept the system.img file
3. used RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows (from the ROM Kitchen thread) to flash it on my device
4. The keys direction are exchanged in FOV's version and it did bother me, so I went to /system/usr/keylayout/rk29-keypad.kl, and edited it (just switched the values between keys 104 and 109) with ES Explorer.
5. And to finish it installed 160 DPI and set 160 as value (without it 212 is the minimum).

Et voilà !
Why didn't you flash the other images too? FOV managed to get us a nice recovery image in this ROM. It gives now options as from where to apply the update, wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset etc. For me this a real advantage.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:55 AM   #25
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Why didn't you flash the other images too? FOV managed to get us a nice recovery image in this ROM. It gives now options as from where to apply the update, wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset etc. For me this a real advantage.
Because I already have a very good recovery option, with all these options too.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:58 AM   #26
downeaster59
Wizard

How is battery life? My battery life now is really good. From what I can see from the description of this ROM, battery life should be just as good as what I have now, if not even a bit better. But it doesn't hurt to ask!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #27
downeaster59
Wizard

Well, I did what nhedgehog did, and I'm up and running, and restoring my apps. Nice job, FOV! I like what I see so far. Thanks to nhedgehog and aceflor for our help as well (I also felt the need to switch the values between keys 104 and 109).

Last edited by downeaster59; 11-05-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:24 AM   #28
nhedgehog
Guru

DPI-Changer & constant bootloop with Relaunch

Quote:
Who wants to try out the experimental support 160dpi (two shelves) for Gonyx, we need:
I'm not sure if this is related. But yesterday after switching the device off I run into a constant bootloop while switching it on. After a lot of trial and error I found, that Relaunch as launcher is causing that problem (I tested several versions). The device is running on the C67ML_1.7.3_Gonyx-T62C recovery image and has experimental support 160dpi installed. DPI is set to 204. Only way to break the bootloop was to start while connected via usb with pc.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #29
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Firmware: September 29, 2015 is available to download from Google Drive

Files taken from the Chinese Baidu sharing

You need to extract from a RAR archive and then upload to the device files update.zip or update.img file.
It is also possible using the app RKBathTool, a file with the extension IMG download with your PC the firmware in the device.
The files on Google Drive are .img files for the T62D. How do I get the update.zip file?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:03 PM   #30
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The files on Google Drive are .img files for the T62D. How do I get the update.zip file?
T62D can be updated from SD card with file "update.img". A file with the extension IMG is a full version firmware which can be dismantled and assembled. I don't see the need in update.zip. In Goole Drive has no free space. Why did you need file update.zip?

Restored update.zip file. In the future will moving files to another cloud.

Last edited by FOV; 11-08-2015 at 08:17 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote