Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #46
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I don't see that. When I enter ">" in the Find box and press Count All, it shows the count.
You're okay. It's my stupid eyes - I didn't notice that the count had moved from the left of "Matches Found" to the right.

Quote:
Probably got lost as there wasn't an issue. A quick test shows it's possible to configure the font and size of the text in the Find and Replace boxes, so I'll look at an option to set it. It may be limited in size due to the text box, etc.
That would be a boon! To be able to pick a font and size would be great
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
The error message dialog that pops up to warn of malformed markup errors on loading an epub:
It should be resizeable (when there's a long list it's nice to be able to resize), while the cursors change to show it can be resized it is unable. The window also has max/min buttons which do not work as intended and should be removed.
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #48
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
a new variant of Font Wierdness

I was using 'Join Paragraph' S&R. Every once in a while I would see (see image>

Examining the code I now see:
Code:
<span style="font-size: 1.2em;">
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crayzyfont7beta.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	101036  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm rather interested to see how Qt 5 performs. I am tempted to build calibre with Qt 5 (mainly for the webkit update) but, I dont think its mature enough as yet.
Build a test version with Qt 5 and we will test.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #50
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Building from source

EDIT: Ignore the part regarding the cmake path. I see now that is has been addressed earlier in this thread. Next time I'll read the entire thread before asking silly questions
The parts in the src file that it doesn't find still puzzles me though

I would like to build Sigil for Ubuntu, but installation fails. I am not familiar with building program from source, so I would appreciate advices on what I'm doing wrong.

Here's what I've been doing.
  1. Download CMake 2.8.10 from http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
  2. run ./bootstrap ; make ; sudo make install
  3. Downlad Qt 5.0.1 for 64bit linux from http://qt-project.org/downloads
  4. Install by running ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86_64-offline.run

CMake installed without errors, and the installer wizard from Qt finished successfull. But when I run

Code:
/usr/local/bin/cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ~/Downloads/Sigil-0.6.901-Code
I get the following error:
Code:
-- Could NOT find Boost
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR) 
-- Could NOT find MiniZip
-- checking for module 'xerces-c>=3.1'
--   package 'xerces-c>=3.1' not found
-- checking for module 'hunspell'
--   package 'hunspell' not found
-- checking for module 'libpcre16'
--   package 'libpcre16' not found
-- Could NOT find XercesExtensions
-- Could NOT find FlightCrew
CMake Error at src/Sigil/CMakeLists.txt:38 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5Core.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Core", but
  CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Core" with any
  of the following names:

Qt5CoreConfig.cmake
    qt5core-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Core" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Core_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Core" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I see most of the missing stuff is in the Sigil-0.6.901-Code/src folder, I just have to find a way to point cmake to them, but I'm very puzzled by the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH issue. How do I point that to the installpoint of QtCore?

Is there a makefile for linux that takes care of this? I see the CMakeLists.txt, but that appears to be for apple.

Oh, and why can't Sigil have a nice little bootstrap-script like cmake has? One command to rule them all would rule completely

Can somebody more cunning than me in unux please

Last edited by Iznogood; 02-10-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #51
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
EDIT: Ignore the part regarding the cmake path. I see now that is has been addressed earlier in this thread. Next time I'll read the entire thread before asking silly questions
If you got the "-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/" part figured out, you should be ready to issue the make/make install commands.

Quote:

I get the following error:
Code:
-- Could NOT find Boost
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR) 
-- Could NOT find MiniZip
-- checking for module 'xerces-c>=3.1'
--   package 'xerces-c>=3.1' not found
-- checking for module 'hunspell'
--   package 'hunspell' not found
-- checking for module 'libpcre16'
--   package 'libpcre16' not found
-- Could NOT find XercesExtensions
-- Could NOT find FlightCrew
I think you're misunderstanding the messages here. Cmake is not finding those packages on your system, so it's going to build those libraries from the source included with Sigil's source package. I you had had any of those libraries installed on your system, it would try to use those instead of building them from scratch. It's not saying it can't find the packages in Sigil's src directory.

I got a crap-ton of warnings (especially when it built FlightCrew) from gcc 4.7, but compilation completed without errors and I got a working binary. You may or may not have to use a script that adds the Qt5 lib directory to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before launching Sigil, though. Mileage seems to vary on that.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #52
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Moderator Notice
Closing thread due to a new beta being released.
Closed Thread