Notices

Old 03-09-2024, 11:26 PM   #1
Jacks girl
Jacks girl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
missing jpg and opf files after running convert & save

hi,

I'm new to the "import to kindle " world

for some reason, not consistently, when i run a calibri conversion of a EPUB file to be used in kindle, the jpg and opf files go missing.

then , when I try to import the created pdf into kindle , using my ipad, either the book does not import... or it imports as a DOC , usually with no title, rather than a book with pic of the cover and the title of the book showing. any suggestions as to what I'm missing.

Thanks so much for any suggestions
Jacks girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:40 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Why bother to convert to PDF? Use Books or another ePub app such as Pocketbook to read the ePub on your iPad.

And I think you mean PDOC (personal document).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2024, 03:43 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The OPF and JPG in the Calibre Library folder (why are you even looking there. treat as a black box), are Calibre (metadata) Backups and are being scheduled for update in background (low priority). Right click the Library Icon:Library Maintenance:backup status to see how big the queue is
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import error, jpg files, opf file