Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
FoxTitor
FoxTitor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite
Converting Kindle manga collection to Kobo

Let me start off by apologizing if I posted in the wrong section. I also tried searching for an answer but no luck.

I recently got a Kobo Aura One to replace my Kindle Paperwhite. I have a lot of manga that I have purchased from Amazon. I am trying to convert them from AZW3 to EPUB so I can transfer it to my Kobo.

I am using Calibre 3.15 with the plugin KoboTouchExtended installed. When I send the books to the device they get converted to KEPUB. The only issue is that the images are not full screen and there are large margins on all four sides.

Here is an example:
https://imgur.com/u482Pl0

I found a solution using Kindle Comic Converter. What I do is convert the AZW3 file to ZIP using Calibre. After that, I convert the ZIP to EPUB using KCC with the profile set to Kobo Aura One. The images use up the fullscreen while maintaining the aspect ratio.

Example:
https://imgur.com/ePWdFrZ

This method is a bit long to use on my entire collection so I am hoping there is a way I can do it using Calibre?
FoxTitor is offline   Reply With Quote